GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future. GE Oil & Gas is a fullstream company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
To verify that equipment manufactured, assembled, tested and repaired within the Test & Assembly facilities conforms to applicable specifications and agreed customer requirements. The job holder will be responsible for ensuring that all legal requirements and GE Oil & Gas policies and procedures relating to health, safety, environment and quality are rigorously applied within their group and will also ensure that all contractors comply with these policies and procedures whilst on our sites.
- Verification that equipment is assembled and tested to specified requirements and that all 3rd party inspection activities are complete and accepted
- Maintenance and handover of completed and QC verified build documentation as evidence of product compliance
- Identification and appropriate labelling of non-conforming product to prevent it's unintended use
- Raising and closing down of Internal Reject Reports (IRRs) to facilitate the control and rework of non-conforming product
- Raising of survey reports detailing the condition of field returned equipment to determine the extent of rework and remanufacture
- Determination of material hardness to confirm acceptability of welding and PWHT operations.
- Time served apprenticeship in mechanical engineering
- Strong experience in a similar industry
- Previous experience in the inspection and measurement of component parts
- Good HSE awareness and a knowledge of Quality Systems within an assembly and pressure test environment
- Good communication skills and a flexible attitude.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
- Product technical knowledge and an understanding of Engineering Drawings, Part Specifications, API codes and Factory Acceptance Testing
- Ability to perform detailed dimensional inspection of component parts
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems and the risks and hazards associated with an assembly and pressure testing environment
- Inter-personal skills to co-ordinate with GE personnel, clients, client representatives and competent bodies on matters of quality and final product acceptance.
- Strong Oral & Written Communication
- Demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action.
- Strong Team-working Abilities
- Customer Focus
- Strong Planning & Organizational Skills
- Commercial Awareness
- Problem Solving & Analysis Abilities.
- Leadership Skills
Strong candidate identified; qualified candidates are still encouraged to apply.
Locations: United Kingdom; Montrose