GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
Facilitators are team leaders and provide guidance to others while ensuring that the Guelph plant production goals and outputs are met, a safe work environment is maintained and that the team adheres to Quality standards and principles.
Facilitators use well-developed skills and a broad knowledge base in a wide variety of contexts. They apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems, and must evaluate information from a variety of sources. Essential Responsibilities:
These duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive and will be supplemented as necessary.
- Lead a team of Production employees to complete work on time, within budget, with high quality standards.
- Demonstrates safe work practices and is responsible for employee adherence to all EHS policies within their team.
- Ensures that ISO 9001 quality system requirements are met, prepare and maintain work procedures and instruction.
- Approximately 60-80% of time will be spent performing assembly requirements associated with area job description, and the remaining time spent identifying/resolving project issues.
- Coordinates with cross-functional teams and supervisors to identify and resolve production assembly issues.
- Provide supervisors with feedback of team performance with respect to EHS, Quality and Compliance.
- Identify errors in parts or supplies within Bills of Materials and reports issues to Supervisor, Planning, Engineering, and Sourcing.
- Ensure UNBW (nuts, bolts, wire etc) materials are available in a timely manner to not delay project execution.
- Review shipping plan for projects in conjunction with supervisors and Logistics team.
- Maintains and promote good housekeeping.
- Observes, promotes and exhibits all environment, health and report safety violations.
- Identify Production issues and track to full resolution and closure.
- Advocate lean ideas within work area.
- Help to raise awareness and promote participation in company events.
- Organizes work areas to display required work metrics.
- Provide leadership in the Plant-wide EHS program and be a H&S Framework owner.
- Be available to work overtime on weekends.
- Knowledgeable with SAP.
- Performs any additional duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- Strong knowledge in Industrial Electrical, BOM’s, drawings, ordering shop supplies, organizing and planning schedules able to meet tough schedule timelines
- High school degree or equivalent
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Previous experience in manufacturing environment
- Demonstrates a high level of operational understanding of work practices, technology and SRA’s
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of area specific equipment
- Learns, understands, and is able to implement and adhere to all policies, practices and procedures.
- 5+ years of directly related on the job experience - strong sense of urgency, organizational ability and take ownership to help ensure projects are completed safely, on time, and within budgeted hours - demonstrated ability to effectively train peers
- Must demonstrate initiative and have ability to direct others
- In light of the nature of the position, if the candidate is returned to an hourly Assembler position salary may not be increased until it reaches appropriate salary of peers and to reflect the change in responsibilities.
Canada; Ontario; Guelph