Customer Support Engineer
- GE Digital
- Posted 6/21/2017 2:49:50 AM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Digital Commercial Professional Services & Support
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The GE cloud and applications support team is seeking experienced Software Support professionals to provide Technical Support for the Predix Cloud and industrial applications. The Customer Support Engineer needs to have experience with supporting applications on the cloud that have services-based architectures; strong communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment
• Engage with clients on day to day operations, organize and lead weekly calls developing a relationship
• Creation and maintenance of system diagrams detailing functionality of customer GEHC IT environment
• System-wide RFS review with goal of identifying patterns and root cause of cross-product/lingering/repeat support issues
• Research and troubleshoot issues involving all aspects of the GE Digital solutions, including but not limited to user interface, network and communication connectivity and performance, Cloud and on- premise component interoperability, data collection/storage, visualization, analytics, machine monitoring software and associated control systems.
• Own and manage personal caseload and perform callbacks and case follow through as defined by the Case Management Guidelines.
• Troubleshoot and identify product problems for presentation to engineering or Cloud infrastructure teams for resolution or disseminates appropriate information necessary to correct configuration issues.
• Adhere to all processes and methodology for Knowledge Centered Support. Create knowledge content for the Knowledge base.
• Bachelor’s Degree with minimum of 3 years technical working experience
• Computer skills to include knowledge of software programing and database applications.
• GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
• Ability to work independently with minimum direction
• Effective communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with cross-functional teams
• Positive attitude when dealing with customers and co-workers.
• Strong common sense and logical reasoning skills.
• Familiarity with remote monitoring and diagnostics solutions and concepts
• Exceptional troubleshooting, customer service, and analytical skills
• Sets an example in terms of quality, consistency and level of work, as well as work ethic and approach
• Achieve KCS Certification within 6 months
Locations: India; Bangalore