Services Site Manager
- GE Power
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:32:52 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Power Water & Process Technologies
Location(s): Russian Federation; Baskhiria
GE announced they signed a definitive agreement to sell the Water & Process Technologies business to SUEZ, a services and solutions company with global operations primarily in water and waste management. The deal will be subject to customary closing conditions such as regulatory review and appropriate consultation and we expect this to be complete by mid-2017. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Site Manager will lead a team of technical professionals performing all site operational duties. In this role, he/she will be responsible for executing the Service Contract Strategy & ensuring compliance, financial, contractual and operations fulfillment through established company procedures.
Ability to demonstrate accountability for functional, and broad Service Contract objectives, including site Health & Safety, Environmental & Commercial aspects. In this role she/he will integrate and develop processes that meets business needs across the Service Contract execution, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, be involved in planning and contribute to meet Service Contract KPIs.
Some of the key contract deliverables will be to partner with customer but maintain system output quality, manage equipment component life-time, discharge to environment and balancing this against customer needs. The SPM should be prepared to negotiate in situations or areas where operations may be ambiguous in character.
It is expected that the candidate will possess knowledge of water treatment equipment (reverse osmosis (RO) systems, ultra-filtration, conventional ion exchange & filtration systems) and can troubleshoot and operate water systems
As Position is based at the Bashneft UFA site the Service Site Manager will Provide hands on technical guidance and mentor Field Service personnel, taking responsibility for EHS, Operational metrics, Quality of Service, Team and system utilization, and cost to serve.
The Services Site Manager will develop the weekly/monthly reporting rhythm with the customer & be prepared to attend regular GM level meetings. Reporting will demonstrate equipment performance & operation, this will result in tables/charts/ graphs, monthly Safety audits, written work procedures, Job Safety Analysis, preventative maintenance schmem / repair schedules etc. The reporting will monitor against the contract requirements of both the customer and GE.
The Services Site Manager will ensure the use of correct procedures and be the first contact point for the customer. He/she is in day to day contact with the customer and their operators. He / She will participate in on-site project management (start-up and commissioning),
The SSM will be required to make decisions around repair/replace/OPEX and determine inventory for the system. There will also be a requirement to manage customer billing and any other contractual charges.
The Services Site Manager will need to liaise with technology experts around the globe to troubleshoot, improve operations and other relevant activities that are needed to fulfill the company’s obligations towards Bashneft.
Part of the job can be to perform water analysis and collect samples for preparation, labeling and shipment to designated laboratory for analysis
Bachelor's Degree ( OR a High School Diploma / GED / Home School Certification OR international equivalent to High School Diploma with a minimum of 2 years of experience in Water Treatment field)
• Knowledge of Water treatment products; equipment, chemicals and services
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English (internally) and Russian (with the customer)
• Ability to build strong partnership relations with the customer on multiple levels (up to Refinery GM and their deputies)
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with customers
• Ability to successfully lead a team in a matrix environment
• Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve problems
• Demonstrated Program / Project management skills
• Minimum of 2 years’ management/leadership experience
• Experience on various types of Water treatment technologies or industry related equipment
• Experience with large scale equipment commissioning and operations
• Experience of refinery operations & how its organised
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Power Point, Word, Excel) and ability to learn company and site specific computer applications
Locations: Russian Federation; Baskhiria