Senior Project Controller, Grid Solutions
- GE Energy Connections
- Posted 6/21/2017 4:49:47 AM
- Job Function: Project Management
- Business Segment: Energy Connections Grid Solutions
Location(s): United Arab Emirates; Dubai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Project Controller demonstrates accountability for Scheduling and Cost Controlling on projects. As a key member of a turnkey project team, he/she will take advantage of their expertise in scheduling and cost control in both the planning and execution phases.
• Builds tender integrated schedules and cost estimates
• Build project schedule and project budgeting in cost and schedule tools
• Ensures compliance to the Global Standard process for Project Controls
• Support PM to align project budgets to as sold in appropriate systems
• Maintain project schedule and cost forecast throughout project
• Analyse schedule and cost trends and provide forecasted cost and schedules to project team
• Maintain a register of potential schedule and cost risks
• Maintain a register of actual and committed costs
• Checks and controls cost movements, compares with current scope and progress as well as with previous forecast. Also Compares with productivity factors and validates accuracy of estimates
• Communicates schedule and cost status/forecasts/risk to functional cost owners and drives/supports risk mitigation
• Provides internal and external project reporting of project status
• Collaborate with 3rd parties on project cost and schedules
• Presents all financial data in a transparent way, attends project and management review to present cost status
• Provides change order calculations to ensure schedule and cost estimates are accurate
• Updates changes in appropriate systems to ensure costs are aligned to the current situation
• Aligns with Finance Controller to ensure reconciliation takes place between approved project financial data and books.
• Support project close out and claims
• Lead the team of Project Cost Control analysts on larger projects
• Provide support to tenders
• Oversee the planning function on the project
• Quality of the project controlling reporting.
• Accuracy of cost budgets, actuals and forecasting
• Collaboration with functional cost owners to find strategies to reduce cost
• Alignment to established standards (WBS, process, procedures, tools usage)
• Efficiency and effective of the project cost control team where applicable.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college. Minimum of 5 additional years of experience in Project Planning.
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
5+ years planning large turnkey projects
2+ projects providing cost controlling on large turnkey projects
Lead planner on 2+ turnkey projects
• Cost estimating and forecasting
• Project Accounting & Controlling
• Local GAAP awareness
• Data handling skills (Excel, SAP…)
• Commercial awareness
Locations: United Arab Emirates; Dubai