About Us: GE Oil & Gas
is a world
leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting
customers across the industry—from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to
the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it’s The Way We Work.
We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation,
customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency,
productivity and equipment reliability.
We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the
megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset
health management. Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter target=”_blank”>@GE_OilandGas
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
The Internship in Engineering is a great opportunity for Engineering students who want to be part of a leading company in technology and innovation. The Engineering intern will be in direct contact with GE Oil & Gas engineers.
- The Energy and Oil and Gas sectors are pushing toward more sustainable energy production and efficient operating profiles of their equipment and plants.
- Scope of the stage is to develop an initial knowledge of the GE Oil & Gas Turbomachinery and Process Solution
gas turbine equipment’s, understand the technical principles and how the engineering is responding to this challenge.
- Intern will be supported by a technical leader/supervisor from the Engineering Dpt. of the company. The stage will be divided in two phases:
the first will consist in the exploration of how a gas turbine works and maximize its efficiency in the operating range. In the second phase the intern will understand the concepts for the design of a gas turbine component with simple design verifications.
- Intern will be responsible for studying the supporting engineering training documentation and collect the necessary data to perform a simple design study and mechanical verification of a gas turbine component.
- He/She shall integrate his/her own activity with the design team by participating and organizing the relevant technical meetings.
- Undergraduate students in the following disciplines: Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent
- Good knowledge of English
- Fluent in Italian
- EU Work Permit
- Passion for technology, team player, process oriented, curious, flexible and open minded
Locations: Italy; Florence