Lead Project Management Specialist, Industrial Solutions
- GE Energy Connections
- Posted 6/21/2017 7:51:00 AM
- Job Function: Project Management
- Business Segment: Energy Connections Industrial Solutions
Location(s): United Arab Emirates; Dubai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Project Manager demonstrates leadership in achieving project goals and lean on processes implementation for Electrical Power Equipment business in different segments and execution models. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, execute objectives, have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
Define work requirements & priorities, create communication channels with customers, complete project deliverables, and meeting the expectation of stakeholders.
• Primary customer contact. Resolve specification and commercial issues, manage correspondence, provide periodic updates, negotiate / coordinate with staff as appropriate, ensure customer satisfaction and company benefit.
• Ensure on-time delivery in accordance with contract.
• Manage project risk issues including receivables, claims, contract changes, margin enhancement, and effective project closeout.
• Operational performance against the agreed timescales, initiates corrective action where appropriate, and communicate lessons learned.
• Responsibility for managing Order-To-Remittance matrix teams including Engineering, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Logistics, and Services.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college. Preferred in Electrical Power.
• At least 3 additional years of experience in a project management, engineering or Electrical Power Equipment manufacturing role.
• Willingness and ability to travel 20% of the time.
• Project management experience in Electrical Power Equipment with international EPC’s
• Project Sales experience.
• Project Cost Estimation experience.
• High energy level - self-starter.
• Technical knowledge of Electrical Power Equipment product lines and associated systems. Preferred in MV Switchgears & Transformers.
• Microsoft suite proficiency.
• Sense of urgency in dealing with issues and tasks.
• Ability to anticipate events and develop adaptive remedies.
• Strong skills in customer relationship building
• Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
Locations: United Arab Emirates; Dubai