GE Power’s Water & Process Technologies is a global business that focuses on the world’s most complex water-related challenges in more than 100 countries. Employing approximately 8,000 people and headquartered in Trevose, PA, Water & Process Technologies provides innovative solutions that address the growing demand for increased water availability and quality, while improving customers’ productivity and meeting more stringent environmental regulations. GE announced they signed a definitive agreement to sell the Water & Process Technologies business to SUEZ, a services and solutions company with global operations primarily in water and waste management. The deal will be subject to customary closing conditions such as regulatory review and appropriate consultation and we expect this to be complete by mid-2017. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
The Field Engineer will be responsible for meeting the daily service repair needs of the customer’s equipment and driving customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
The position is located in one of our customer sites of water treatment in Tenerife.
- Working with experienced field engineers on basic troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and service repair needs on designated equipment
- Completing Preventative Maintenance and Functional Management Inspections
- Ordering and managing repair parts cycle times
- Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner
- Learning to effectively communicate with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction
- Maintaining tools and test equipment properly and ensuring they are calibrated
- Meeting Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements
- Working with experienced field engineers on managing vendors’ service delivery processes in compliance with GE Healthcare policies
- Learning to utilize the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues and conducting root cause analysis that will lead to effective problem solving
- Working as a member of the local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area
- Ability to answer service calls independently without assistance within 1 year of employment
Quality Specific Goals:
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization
- Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization
- Ensure timely dispatch closure (if applicable)
- Ensure completion of all field modifications instructions (FMI’s) within prescribed timeframe (if applicable)
- Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible
- Ask for mentorship & guidance in order to ensure compliance with all of the above.
- Associates degree in either Electrical Engineer, Engineering with a heavy focus in Electrical, or Biomedical Engineering Technology
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner
- Change agent and process oriented
- Ability to show self-initiative & motivation
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns
- EU work permit
Non-national candidates are responsible to know the minimum documentation requirements to be able to be contracted in country: NIE- Social Security Affiliation Number in Spain (NAF) and Bank Account in Spain. They must be in possession of them at the time of start hiring. GE will not sponsor this requirement.
Locations: Spain; Tenerife