- GE Power
- Posted 7/18/2017 7:49:54 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Water & Process Technologies
Location(s): Singapore; Singapore
GE announced they signed a definitive agreement to sell the Water & Process Technologies business to SUEZ, a services and solutions company with global operations primarily in water and waste management. The deal will be subject to customary closing conditions such as regulatory review and appropriate consultation and we expect this to be complete by mid-2017. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017.
The Application Engineer is an experienced engineer with significant background in water treatment-systems. This role encompasses both Inquiry To Order (ITO) and Order To Requisition (OTR) families (Inquiry To Requisition-ITR) within the Customer Fulfillment & Engineering (CF&E) Engineered Systems Projects Business.
The role will concentrate on bid preparation in the Microelectronics and Power business’ COE, and will also encompass Build Own Operate (BOO) Mobile Services. Other water markets may be covered dependent on the business demand in the region.
The Application Engineer is a cross-functional engineering discipline centered on an approach, mindset, and process. All activities that consider both the business and the technical needs of the customers with the goal of providing a quality product that meets the users needs. The discipline that executes a robust process of design, creation, and optimization of systems, consisting of identification and quantification of system requirements, creation of alternate system design concepts, performance of design trade studies, selection and implementation of the best designs and verification that the design is properly integrated and executed. Process that proceeds from concept to production to operation.
The Application Engineer will work closely with Commercial Sales, all ITO and OTR of CF&E, Product Management, Lifecycle, Services and all other functions.
In this role you will be responsible for work that is less defined in scope, utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
• Responsible for extended scope and turnkey proposals.
• Work with cross functional teams to develop extend scope and turnkey proposals consistent with established bidding strategy, technical approach, performance targets, cost estimates and schedule goals.
• Assist with managing associated joint and several risks and responsibilities to ensure customer satisfaction and project success while mitigating GE financial exposure.
• Serve as a transactional interface to extended scope partners and contractors including construction contractors, engineering contractors, equipment vendors, and service suppliers to develop project transactions
• Manage extended scope proposal activities in a matrix environment including - project cost and schedule development, functional team sign-offs, technical proposal development, engineering & cost reviews, performance guarantees, terms and conditions evaluation and strategy development, risk analysis, risk and management review leadership
• Develop and maintain project specific consortium agreements and contracts with construction partner, engineering contractors and other entities are required for an assigned transaction
• Ensure a quality transition is made from deal development to project execution.
A good working knowledge of the following water process systems is essential: Ultrafilteration (UF) / Membrane Bioreactor (MBR), Electrodeionization (EDI)/ Electrodialysis Reversal (EDR), Reverse Osmosis (RO), Ion Exchange (IX).
To be successful in this role you would possess and/or demonstrate the following
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited university or college with at least 8-10 years experience in a similar capacity
• Excellent communication skills
Due to the nature of this role, below are additional eligibility requirements :
• Willingness and ability to travel
• Have a valid driver’s license
• Have a valid passport
In addition to the above, if you possess and/or demonstrate the following characteristics, that would be advantageous
• GE Leadership Development program
• Demonstrated Leadership in a matrix environment
• Proficient computer skills, MS office, excel, power point, word & etc
• Strong leadership / planning and business / commercial skills
• Foster a team environment to facilitate success
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills
• Contract Administration skills
• Communication and problem solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple complicated tasks
• Aggressive approach and drive in commissioning management
• High energy level - self-starter
• Technical knowledge of product lines and associated systems
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leaderships skills
Locations: Singapore; Singapore