GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
To provide Warehouse, Logistics and Emergency Response support for Merkur Windfarm service contract. The role is under the supervision of Merkur Site Manager as part of the Offshore Wind team in Eemshaven, Netherlands. Essential Responsibilities:
• Coordinate all warehouse activities including:
o Good purchase request
o Goods receipts
o Storage of equipment
o Tools management
o Warehouse tidiness
o Specialist tool inspection
o Periodic inspection of safety equipment including PPE
• Manage site logistics by coordinating the movement of parts and equipment to and from the quay front.
• Document site warehouse and logistics procedures
• Support the Site Manager and Logistic Coordinator in scheduling activities and ensure tools and equipment are available and ready for scheduled activities
• Co-operate in the prevention of work-related accidents and ill health, and the promotion of environmental good practice by adopting appropriate behaviour
• Supports and participates in HS&E improvement initiatives
• In the absence of the Logistic Coordinator coordinate Emergency Response and Crisis Management actions in line with GE protocols.
• In the absence of the Logistic Coordinator Liaise with Merkur Marine Coordinator in offshore emergency incidents.
• Support the Logiscic Coordinator in liaising with Merkur Marine Coordinator to ensure the safe and efficient transfer of tools and equipment to the windfarm site.
• Works with the wider GE team to share best practice learning across the business
• Good understanding of warehouse management
• Must be fluent in English, verbally and writing
• Must be advanced in German language
• Experience of SAP, emergency management, wind business
• Ability and willingness to work in a multicultural team environment
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
• Ability and willingness to respond to emergency calls on the weekends; rotating on-call schedule
• Ability and willingness access to offshore wind turbines
• Ability and willingness to work off-hours, weekends and holidays as needed to support the business
• A good team player
• Able to work in a dynamic and fast changing environment
• Able to manage under high pressure situations such as emergency response
• Liaise and communicate with wide range of technical and managerial personnel
• A strong safety culture able to drive health and safety into their part of the business