Project Manager O&M Hydro
- GE Renewable Energy
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:27:00 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Renewable Energy Hydro
Location(s): Algeria; Algiers
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Within GE’s Renewable Energy Business, Hydro has today a global industrial footprint.
The Beni Haroun pumping station in the Wilaya de Mila region of Algeria was built by GE Renewable Energy and includes also an Operation and Maintenance (O&M) Agreement with the Ministry of water resources Algeria (Customer).
As part of a succession planning, we are looking for a full time Project Manager O&M Hydro based in Algiers.
You will be working for GE Renewable Energy as a Project Manager O&M Hydro. Your main responsibility will be to continue the successful execution of the Beni Haroun O&M contract per financial and technical targets and to represent GE Renewable Energy before the Customer
• Ensure successful execution of Beni Haroun O&M Contract, meeting the financial and technical key performance indicators;
• Build and maintain good Customer relation and ensure Customer satisfaction is in the focus;
• maximize / optimize financial result;
• Follow-up and close the remaining contractual liabilities, punch items and warranties;
• Implement and maintain Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) processes per local and GE’s requirements;
• Ensure a professional risk and opportunity management to maximize the long-term profit;
• Lead the cross functional & cross-organizational O&M Project Team (On- and Offshore) and ensure effective and efficient co-ordination of all activities necessary to fulfil the contractual obligations;
• Ensure financial reporting per GE Hydro directives;
• Prepare and conduct quarterly Hydro Service Project Reviews (SPRs);
• Lead Contract re-negotiations, amendments to contracts, Insurance contracting / handling/ claiming;
• Analyse monthly reports from the Station Manager and take actions as necessary in aspects of maintenance; operation and / or administration required at the plant.
• Liaise and report functionally to the head of O&M project management.
• Electrical or Mechanical Engineering MSc/BSc degree or equivalent work experience;
• Additional commercial education / experience;
• Project management training or certification;
• A minimum of 5 years of project management execution experience with similar projects (type, size, complexity);
• Experience in the power generation industry (e.g. development, design, commissioning, service or O&M of power or pumping stations);
• Good commercial and legal knowledge;
• International work experience and proven leadership skills in a multicultural environment;
• Working efficiently and independently, delivering high quality results on time;
• Good presentation, communication and negotiation skills;
• French as a first language or excellent level;
• Good English knowledge, both spoken and written;
• High EHS, quality and integrity awareness;
• Contemporary IT skills.
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
Locations: Algeria; Algiers