Lead Service Manager 1 - Software
- GE Power
- Posted 7/26/2017 4:45:58 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Power Power Services
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This position will lead the deployment of GE Power optimization software solution for power plants delivering reduced emissions, improved operating efficiency and reliability in real time. This is a key role working directly with customers to improve operations and deliver outcomes. It brings together industrial process knowledge, complex analytics and the power of software to optimize systems.
• Participate in the establishment of technical objectives, work plans and schedules for projects
• Maintain regular customer contact and manage expectations
• Interface with third-party vendors for key tasks in the project plan
• Work with the project team to execute key project steps:
o Deploy and Tune AI solutions for the customer
o Conduct post installation benefits analysis
o Assist in achieving successful project closeout
o Provide operator/engineer training on the use of the system
o Create software documentation (User Manual/User Guide)
o Meet project deadlines and ensure quality
o Issue regular progress reports to project team
o Provide customer support as needed
o Work with the broader GE project team to coordinate efforts
o Provide technical support to the commercial teams and sales process
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college
• Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience or coursework aligned closely with the power & controls equipment.
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Must be willing to travel.
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Bangalore, India.
• Experience or coursework related to the Power Industry
• Initiative and self-confidence
• Strong spoken and written English language skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Chemical/Controls Engineering, or comparable engineering discipline from an accredited university or college
• Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills
• Modeling experience with industrial systems
• Familiarity with computer hardware & Windows-based software
• Can follow processes without assistance. Recognizes variations to the process and works to resolve independently. Can adapt to gaps or exceptions to the processes and adjust accordingly.
• Goes above and beyond for the customer; builds a good customer relationship to best understand customer needs.
Locations: India; Bangalore