GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
Project Manager in charge of the daily customer relationship and Project local implementation by delegation of authority from The Project Manager based in Massy Headquarters (France). Manage and supervise on-site implementation of the project according to contractual conditions within schedule and budget allocation.Act as the interface and coordinator with customer and co/sub-contractors Essential Responsibilities:
- Follow-up submittal and approval by the customer of design documents.
- Generate MoM of monthly Progress meetings with Customer.
- Organise meetings with Customer to discuss and resolve punctual field/engineering issues if necessary.
- Maintain good working relationship with Customers Managers and Engineers.
- Keep a record of all written correspondence with Customer
- Maintain the Local Events Register (claim file)
Local Operations Organisation:
- Organise the local operations according to the required resources to match the Project workload.
- Manage and supervise the daily operation of Site activities.
- Analyse and plan staff resources requirements.
- Hire staff or subcontract works according to workload.
- Analyse staff training needs and propose relevant action plans.
- Generate and maintain a team spirit atmosphere.
- Apply & make sure GE security & EHS guidelines are applied
- Generate planning, schedules and workload forecasts to optimise the allocation of office and field resources to fulfil the Contract requirements in due time.
- Allocate and organise field manpower to match project implementation requirements
- Interface with Head Quarters PM for delivery of material/equipment according to schedule.
- Organise the logistics (local transportation, storage, customs clearance and procure local supplies and tools to implement the on-site tasks.
- Check and coordinate with consortium partner (s) and sub-contractor (s), if any, for coherence of individual planning regarding total project.
Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location
- Engineering degree.
- A double degree engineering & business school is a plus.
- Experience in delivering large/complex SW or Infrastructure or utility telecommunications projects.
- An experience in the energy industry (Energy Management System, Generation Management system, Distribution management System , Market management System, etc.) is an added advantage.
- Business understanding (market knowledge in area of work, intl. exposure & awareness)
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience.
- Organisation skills and Multi-discipline
- Team Leadership
Good technical background in Energy management Systems Data management, Field commissioning, Point-to-Point tests is required.
- Knowledge of RTU/DCS equipment from different vendors.
- Good oral / written communication skills in English – French is an added value (not mandatory)
- Knowledge of Customer structure/organisation & local companies and possible contractors is a plus.
Locations: Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, South Africa; Blantyre