GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud
capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects
people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries
critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare,
transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better. GE is transforming itself to become
the world's premier digital industrial company, executing critical outcomes for our customers. Explore how
you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational
performance with our Predix platform and software solutions.
Join our online communities to find out more!
LinkedIn Company page
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
This role plays a critical part in driving regional growth in the delivery of software solutions for a business that develops implements & provides high-tech software solutions such as geospatial asset management software, grid management software and automation systems, that enable grid intelligence processes for the electric, utility, public service & telecommunications industries.
The Regional Strategic Growth Leader - Telco role - is required to lead cross functional multidisciplinary teams across both the Telco product portfolio and business pillars in order to drive regional growth through the application of best practice delivery methodologies for both products and services. Operating across the sales, tendering, operations, project delivery, finance and services teams, this regional strategic Growth & Initiatives Leader will ensure full team alignment through the ITO process and into the early stages of OTR where projects will be seamlessly handed over from Services to Operations.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities)
- Lead teams, contributing to proposals to ensure that work is assessed, planned, appropriately estimated and a suitable deal is agreed, with appropriate cost and risks identified to maximise margin
- Lead cross functional teams in the development of boilerplate templates for proposals and other project collaterals developed during the ITO phase
- Review projects at key stages to ensure adherence to process, methodology and best practice. Feedback lessons learnt to ensure they are built into future projects and knowledge disseminated
- Drive multidisciplinary teams in order to leverage and cross pollinate best practice (such as the Software Solutions Delivery Model - SSDM) across the organisation in order to drive down costs, support growth and increase revenues
- Proactively support the management of change by the definition and implementation of robust sustainable processes and procedures to support the flow of information across the verticals
- Provide the integration layer across the verticals to ensure seamless communication channels and cross functional alignment
- Support the project delivery leadership by providing a forecast of resource requirements against opportunity in order to ensure correct resource levels are in place as needed to support regional growth over defined timelines
BACKGROUND SUPPORTING INFORMATION
- Provide leadership/support to the bid team in preparation of tenders and assist in contract negotiations with end customers and third-party suppliers
- Close collaboration with the bid team to assure the setup of projects incorporates all best practices and lessons learnt from prior projects
- Facilitate meetings with sponsors and stakeholders to identify project requirements and ensure they align with your company’s strategic goals
- Liaise with technical teams to: fully capture all customer product requirements; track and manage customer product developments; oversee product and project testing lifecycle
- Work closely with the commercial manager and Sales account manager to support customer communications covering: attendance at project meetings; managing requirements effective escalation of issues
- Engage 3rd party delivery partners to develop strategic partnerships and support proposals and work with our sourcing function to obtain commitment from the selected partners
- Build customer loyalty through project execution excellence and actively promote quality awareness and improvements to sustain company ISO9000 accreditation
- Responsible for risk assessment and creating/executing plans to mitigate risk to ensure project delivery to agreed schedule & budget
- Mentoring less experienced project managers. Work closely with team members to provide training on strategic initiatives, such as improving quality
- Must be willing/able to travel to customer across the region and occasionally beyond the region as necessary
- Long term strategic improvement of project execution ensure project objectives are defined that are aligned with strategic business objectives eg. VCP, competitiveness, local delivery requirements etc…
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent working experience
- PRINCE2, PMI or PM-BOK certified
- Domain expertise within Telco in either a technical or project management capacity
- Proven experience as a leader of people and projects, can readily obtain team buy in, and can easily resolve day-to-day project issues
- Proven pro-active approach, anticipating future problems -- i.e., can anticipate problems, plan ahead and mitigate their effect … rather than just "record" what's already happened
- Proven experience on managing at an appropriate level -- i.e., avoiding micromanagement, but having a control plan in place that allows effective monitoring/control of the project
- Proven experience planning, organising and controlling activities -- job layout, critical path, sequencing, control plan, and ability to resolve complex problems
- Proven experience managing all financial aspects of a project, including budgeting, forecasting "estimates-at-complete", CO recognition and P&L accountability
- Proven track record to identify, manage and mitigate risks and enforce change control
- Proven experience as the primary Customer Interface, managing multiple teams, including supplier management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with both internal staff and external customers and suppliers
- Experienced in leading bid teams through contract negotiations
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self-starter able to work autonomously
- Able to prioritise and multi-task
- Able to cultivate and maintain good customer relations
- Able to lead and operate within teams
- Goal and objective driven
Locations: United Kingdom; Cambridge