GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Essential Responsibilities:
In this role, you will:
- Establish a deep understanding of our customers’ business and technical needs
- Create a “trusted technical resource” relationship with our customer’s technologists and internal technical teammates
- Help develop solution architecture framework to support solution selling on an enterprise level. Includes providing vision, system and application architecture definition, problem anticipation and
problem solving ability
- Provide sw / hw technical architecture expertise to ensure proper solution design
- Evangelize GE technology platform in appropriate sales forums to drive demand and continued interest
- Build link to provocative selling model to ensure architecture views are properly integrated
- Shape, drive and be held accountable for delivering significant strategic initiatives across broad scope/platform(s) in liaison with key stakeholders
- Share responsibility for the development and execution of the account sales strategy with the sales team, as directed by management
- Design, validate and present software solutions, including advanced product concepts, future direction and industry solutions
- Develop and deliver high quality, standardized or customized presentations and demonstrations
- Develop and maintain strong teaming relationship with other members of the company to leverage product, process and engineering expertise
- Maintain the highest possible personal standards and ethics
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, science, engineering, technology or related discipline
- Masters’ degree, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 10-12 years’ work experience in Software pre-sales
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
- Must be willing to travel
- Consults customer on alignment of outcomes and desired technical solutions at an enterprise level;
- Possesses working knowledge of configuration choices and related cost implications; Experience with multi-P&L solution configurations.
- Knowledgeable of full range of solution catalog within a business unit and able to discuss overall solution at depth.
- Experience sustaining operational stability through various life cycle phases (planning, implementation, steady state, de-commissioning); Ability to provision and budget via capital and
- Applies and guides cross projects architecture fundamentals using different architectures composing the holistic Enterprise Architecture;
- Trains others on how to design and create the winning proposals that result in successful deal closure;
- Can position the GE offering against the competition in a positive light by showing architectural differentiators as well as roadmap items which are of interest to a specific prospect/customer
- Masters the ability to move the sales cycle from discovery to solution selection and validation to achieve deal closure; Is adept at navigating the organizational matrix; understanding people's
roles, can foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources and rally teammates.
- Discovers, builds, proposes, and wins deals based on delivering impactful business outcomes for customers;
- Adjusts information (e.g. level of complexity) and story to align with audience. Clearly articulatesthe value of what is most important to the customer and how GE solutions and/or services can meet the customer’s outcomes;
- Possesses extensive knowledge of full solution catalog within a business unit and proficiency in discussing each area at an advanced level.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of GE’s internal organization within primary industry vertical BU; Knows where and how strategic and commercial decisions are made.
- Identifies and coordinates owners, sponsors, timelines, actions and deliverables for the deal, from discovery to solution selection and validation
- Demonstrates ability to work within, and lead blended teams, including 3rd party partners.
- Demonstrate success implementing Change Management program into an implementation plan for a single business unit solution and represents single process redesign.
- Knows when to ask probing follow-up questions such as:
- Open ended, essay type
- Probing for specific details (KPI’s, value, process, timing, etc.)
- Uncovers and articulates critical success factors necessary for the customer to acquire, implement, and utilize a solution; Assists customer in identifying shortcomings, even when they
could delay a commercial decision; Articulates a roadmap that provides a high likelihood of the customer realizing. expected business benefits and other key stakeholders achieving desired
- Can recite a story for a defined set of capabilities which will be of interest to a select subset of customers.
- Leverages experts from software/analytics areas to drastically improve speed, cost, scope or efficiency of their solutions; Creates and spreads awareness of software & analytics tools within
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Manages and possesses working industry knowledge and skillset (of self or others) in assigned vertical
- Significant expertise in developing and selling SW/HW solutions. Including creating and executing propositions and a track record of success
- Deep understanding of the technology stack to include OS, DB, middleware, application layer, virtualization and cloud technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence solution direction to both technical and non-technical audiences alike across all
- Technical acumen to interface with technologists, understand complex concepts and translate in a way that businesses or industry can understand
- Demonstrated problem solving and creative skills, ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on market and customer trends – go beyond the status quo
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, strategic agility, manage diversity and drive for results
Locations: Nigeria; Lagos