Senior Engineer, Mechanical
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:27:50 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Healthcare Imaging
Location(s): China; BeiJing; Beijing
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The senior mechanical engineer will provide technology leadership to establish technology roadmaps, define requirements, select technology, and deliver standardized mechanical components to various product teams. In addition, this person will leverage the standardized components to identify VCP opportunities on existing products.It also requires the initiative, technical and project leadership skills necessary to successfully deliver standardized mechanical components to multiple businesses.
1. Develop & maintain GEHC component technology roadmaps, based on industry trends and GEHC requirements. This includes defining standardized components to be used by product teams.
2. Perform analysis on existing components to identify cost savings opportunity by switching to standardized components
3. Work with cross functional and product teams to implement changes to realize savings opportunities
4. Provide project leadership while working with cross-functional teams to implement standardized components in Installed base and NPI programs
5. Partner with Industrial Design to implement standard look and feel of Imaging products.
6. Expert review of internal team, modality or external designs for performance as well as adherence to GEHC standards, industry standards, safety and regulatory requirements.
7. Actively collaborate with modality engineering teams, Imaging platform teams, sourcing, and service to advance common Mechanical roadmaps.
1. Bachelors in Mechanical engineering or equivalent experience.
2. 8+ years mechanical design experience.
3. Understand and apply FDA / IEC and other regulatory requirements.
4. Ability to read and understand component datasheets and interpret specifications including 3-dimensional component views
5. Experience with 3D models in Creo or similar CAD tool
6. Complete understanding/working knowledge of engineering design documentation and standard document control practices
7. Must be able to work effectively in a global cross-functional team environment
1. Knowledge and experience in selecting and qualifying mechanical components
2. Experience with GEHC products, quality processes, and design tools— PLM systems (MyWorkshop and/or Agile), SQCS, ESMART
3. Depth of knowledge Plastics cover design.
4. Experience with global & cross-functional teamwork
5. Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
6. Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
7. Experience with Supply Chain processes and external vendors.
8. Experience designing to FDA Medical Device regulations (21CFR Parts 820, 814)
Locations: China; BeiJing; Beijing