GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
Arrangement of required buildings, shelters, pipe racks, foundations, piles, steel structures etc., as well as the routing of all above and below ground piping for a Combined cycle power plant. Build-up the 3D model, place the equipment, route the pipes and issue arrangement and civil guide drawings as per projects requirements for power plants. The Engineer has the technical and time schedule responsibility for the engineering work and/or services of the project. Essential Responsibilities:
- Create and update 3D model as per contract requirements, design rules, work instructions, installation guidelines and best practices comprising of equipment, civil, piping & valves, access and maintenance as well as hazardous area definition. Ensure especially environmental aspects and health and safety of site personal, operators, maintenance personnel and third parties.
- Define major above and below ground networks and coordinate with electrical arrangement engineering, including preparation of geographical network diagram.
- Prepare heavy transport concept
- Provide input for cranes and hoists equipment engineering
- Define waste point locations and develop and own the overall Underground Network. Provide required inputs to mechanical and civil engineering
- Prepare/review of general arrangement, civil guide drawings, hazardous area drawings, lay-down area drawings, fire protection and escape way layout and the access and maintenance concept of the plant.
- Follow-up and checking interface data with client, partners, equipment suppliers, etc
- Ensure a coordinated approach in all areas with the other engineering disciplines and support the lead engineer
- Participate to HAZOP-studies, to design reviews and to the design freeze meetings and ensure that corrective actions are closed on time
- Provide site technical assistance for construction
Qualifications/Requirements: Education & Training:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or long years of relevant experience
- Good knowledge & skills of AVEVA PDMS/E3D
Desirable (NICE TO HAVE):
- Knowledge of power plant design
- Knowledge in electrical arrangement
- At least 8-10 years of experience in 3D arrangement design of Power plants.
- Good knowledge of design and installation
- Know and apply design methods, rules and tools to specify the systems/ components
- Specific Knowledge about the relevant international codes and standards
- Power plant process knowledge
- Knowledge of Interfaces
- Good knowledge of engineering, design and project Management tools and methods
- “Customer Focus” and “Total Cost Focus” minded
- Steadiness in performance, ability to stand up well under stress, self-motivation, openness to innovations, flexibility
- Ability to foresee situations and adapt accordingly
- Able to identify solutions to problems and implement them
- Positive thinking with proactive approach
- Self driven and team player
- Promotes/influences innovative processes, general technical knowledge