GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Energy Connections designs and deploys industry-leading technologies that turn the world on. We transport, convert, automate and optimize energy to ensure we provide safe, efficient and reliable electrical power. Uniting all the resources and scale of the world’s first digital industrial company, we connect brilliant machines, grids, and systems to power utility, oil & gas, marine, mining and renewables customers, that keep our world running.
We are a leading provider of automation and control products and services for equipment and plant control in Power Generation, Process, and Manufacturing industries. Our differentiated Industrial Internet solutions enable customers to optimize equipment performance and ensure reliable and efficient operations by connecting their equipment, data, and people to Insights and Actions generated through Analytics. Our Edge solutions include Outcome Optimizing Controls, Field Agents, Operator Interface products, and an Industrial Communications portfolio for hard to connect distributed assets. Our dedicated team includes some of the best minds in automation capable of solving our customers’ toughest challenges. GE Automation & Controls is a business unit within GE Energy Connections.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Technical Application Engineer - Communications demonstrates leadership in supporting the business’ goals, programs, and processes. In this role you will, solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
As the Technical Application Engineer - Communications, you will:
- Work with Sales on pre-sales and post-Sales technical efforts
- Develop and execute technical sales strategies relevant to market opportunities
- Communicate individual customer requirements to Sales Manager in regards to designs and quotations
- Communicate requirements for order fulfillment to sourcing and operations teams
- Direct the management of customer’s with clear communication internally and externally
- Document competitors’ activities and assess potential market moves
- Review and influence customer specifications to assure compliance and/or noted exceptions for development of equipment and service quotations
- Be engaged with other Communications Sales Application Engineers, Sales Managers and immediate manager
- Make technical presentations to all levels of the customer’s organization
- Develop engineering and installation work scopes, schedules and cost estimates to facilitate total scope project offerings
- Manage and negotiate commercial and contractual risk within the Inquiry to Order (ITO) process
- Contribute positively to regional sales, orders, profitability, and ITO quality goals