Controls Solution Engineer - Controls Engineering
- GE Power
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:28:05 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Steam Power Systems
Location(s): India; Hyderabad
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Controls Solution Engineer is responsible for the Controls design within Steam Power Systems Rotating Equipment (SPSRE) engineering. You will develop and field test controls solutions for Steam Turbines, Generators and Systems.
As the Controls Solution Engineer, you will closely collaborate with our internal and external customers, and work as part of a global technology team during development, and from inquiry through commercial plant operation.
Within our engineering teams we maintain a culture of technical domain depth, contemporary leadership, on-time quality execution and a strong customer-focused mindset driving controls solutions.
The successful individual in this position will understand the entire control system as well as the fundamentals of turbine, generator, auxiliaries, and digital power plant operation and how these systems interact with the control system to deliver an integrated design and optimum value to the customer.
• Support the global engineering team in new product development, as well as requisition engineering activities
• Develop and maintain controls standard libraries
• Establish controls modelling and simulation
• Make use of advanced controls technologies to maximize value to the customer and to achieve highest operation reliability and plant availability
• Support the internal design practices evolution
• Deliver control principles of the Steam Turbine, Generator and Systems and incorporate into controls library
• Provide standard screens and alarm rationalization for best user experience
• Ensure technical collaboration across multidisciplinary engineering teams to define process control solutions by means of simulation studies
• Produce test and inspection procedures, and perform SWAT
• Drive strong sense of ownership, accountability and urgency within the team in meeting critical business needs, including on time delivery, design rigor, implementation of product safety requirements, customer issue resolution, quality and compliance
• Support ITO for questions on Controls Solutions (HW/SW) during customer negotiations
• Support erection and commissioning remotely, and travel to customer sites occasionally
• Continously improve automation for requisition engineering to achieve cost and cycle improvements, provide in-house developed tools and methods
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience of engineering in the Energy domain, Electricity production, or in a similar industrial sector, if possible commissioning activities
• Demonstrated technical skills in defining the state of the Simulation & Controls Design for rotating equipment or plant process
• Power plant operation experience
• Prepared to travel occasionally
• Legal authorization to work in location IN
• Good oral and written communication skills and scientific rigor, you wish to grow in a demanding technical environment
• Ability to work in a matrix environment while coordinating across multiple sites
• Ability to adapt real-time to rapidly changing environment
• Problem analysis and resolution skills
Locations: India; Hyderabad