Manufacturing Quality Engineer
- GE Global Growth Organization
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:28:09 PM
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Business Segment: Global Growth Organization India
Location(s): India; Pune
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As part of the GE India Multi-modal Manufacturing team, the Quality Inspector is responsible for establishing an efficient and continually improving In process quality systems as per AS9100. This person will own developing and executing the in process quality inspection plan to address the key Quality deliverables in the project including analysis, Cost of Quality, Issue Resolution, and Fulfillment.
• The position will report to Aviation Quality Leader
Work closely with quality team on day-to-day quality clearance and to fulfil customer commitments.
• Work closely with fabrication pitching teams of GE US and will demonstrate accountability for the Quality objectives.
• work closely with Quality system teams to develop and implement AS 9100 procedures : understand requirements for certification, timing, and own all improvement actions necessary to obtain certifications, coordinate with the pitching teams in this regards.
• Monitor Cost of Quality indicators and ensure that the Manufacturing team drive appropriate initiatives to minimize costs and eliminate escaping defects
• Coordinate for Quality training needs … Facilitate, train, and coach cross-functional employees in the use of quality tools as appropriate
• Initiate the continual improvement through quality audit programs, through the assessment / screening of various sources of non-conformances and by driving the implementation or corrective actions identified through Root Cause Analysis for In process improvements.
• Monitor customer satisfaction parameters for in process area,
• Provide Quality, simplification and process improvement leadership for business line; participate on Staff discussions, highlight key quality issues, ongoing projects, and drive cross functional Quality accountability among all levels
• Monitor all quality parameters for in process & quality equipment’s. Implementation of a comprehensive communication plan to support the quality strategy and establish a climate that encourages an open communication for employees to exchange ideas / suggestions
1. Highest Levels of Personal Integrity and Safety Mindset.
2. First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
3. 6-8 Years of Experience in Engineering industry (Fabrication industry) – with firsthand experience with a Quality Management system, Quality auditors.
4. Working knowledge of AS 9100 and its application in a complex business. Requirements of implementation
5. Working knowledge on welding, machining and other fabrication works.
1. Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions
2. Auditor certification or experience
3. Strong organizational skills, MS office skills
4. Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously and Ability to work in a matrix organization.
5. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with good oral and written communication skills
6. Strong project and team leadership
7. Knowledge of NADCAP processes.
8. Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma Methodology
9. Fluent in English and Hindi Language (Written and Spoken)
Locations: India; Pune