- GE Healthcare
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:28:10 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Healthcare Imaging
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity.
GE Healthcare is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work on a number of exciting projects that will have a very positive impact on GE’s business.
• Act as a member of the Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high quality design and development practices
• Develop high performing, scaling and innovative end-to-end web applications
• Collaborate with system engineers, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Writes codes that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Build features such as web services and Queries on existing tables
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
• Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using language of choice
• Responsible for programming a feature or a small feature set.
• Contribute individually to the team with direction from the Senior Team Members as and when required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar
• A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in software development using the desired skills as mentioned below.
• Experience developing web applications (Spring, RESTful, Jersey, RestEasy,JAX-WS, Web Services)
• Experience with database tools (JPA, Hibernate,JDBC, Spring Data)
• Have a deep understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to run a large distributed web application
• Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry
• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
• Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
• Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
• Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
Locations: India; Bangalore