- GE Power
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:28:18 PM
- Job Function: Sales
- Business Segment: Power Power Services
Location(s): Algeria; Algiers
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Commercial Manager drives functional and operational Commercial Intensity and Policy 5.0 rigor for assigned deal opportunities. The Commercial Manager will manage the quoting, proposal generation, contract negotiation, and ITO-OTR turnover processes for all assigned deal opportunities of the assigned segment and sub-region.
Essential Responsibilities: In this role you will be responsible for work that is less defined in scope and have the understanding & experience to execute business objectives, be involved in short-term / long-term planning and contribute to the overall business strategy.
In addition, you will:
• Work as a key member of the region and/or sub-region Inquiry To Order (“ITO”) team in support of achieving the region’s and/or sub-region’s commitments, orders, sales, cash, operating profit, & margin targets for the applicable segment.
• Work with the region and/or sub-region Sales, Operations, & functional teams, lead the ITO proposal generation & contract formation process for high complexity / value projects across the segment with the intent of developing winning strategies to leverage successful deal closures while ensuring compliance with established guidelines for the Policy 5.0 risk management process, the advance release process.
• Actively participate in and/or lead commercial & technical meetings & contract negotiations with customers
• Be responsible for effectively driving the proposal & contract ITO processes to develop scope, cost, risk, and market / value pricing strategy for an assigned deal opportunity to provide technical and commercial solutions meeting both customer and GE’s requirements and business goals. This effort requires collaborating with the respective sales, operations, and other functional teams during the deal development and review process to ensure that all technical risk points, risk mitigation, and business risk acceptance levels are properly incorporated into the development of the opportunity scope, cost, strategy, and actual proposal / contract language
• Prepare and lead the Regional / Sub-Regional / Deal Team Policy 5.0 review process in co-ordination with the applicable Commercial Director, subject matter experts, approvers, and functional teams
• Be responsible for driving and coordinating ITO process compliance and metrics across assigned deal opportunities with special emphasis on Policy 5.0 requirements, proposal and contract completeness, timeliness, and quality, and the effectiveness and efficiency of the ITO-OTR (Inquiry To Order - Order To Remittance) handover process.
• Drive proposal throughput, yield, cost, efficiency, and individual productivity.
• Continuously seek to refine ITO processes across the business segment, with special emphasis on simplification opportunities to drive speed, waste reduction, and commercial intensity
• Lead / Champion region simplification projects to improve the ITO process.
• Represent Regional Commercial Ops team in support of Regional and Global driven workouts.
• Ensure process adherence to all contracting requirements with minimal support from GE legal resources.
• Be responsible for exercising Commercial Manager deviation and signature authority within the parameters of the Power Services Policy 5.0 Process and Signature Authority Matrix.
• Enforce order-booking requirements and drive an improved OTR turnover process to ensure proper control of contract flow-down requirements.
• Be responsible for reducing cost-of-quality issues arising from inaccurate or poor scope definition, costing, or contract drafting during the ITO process and inadequate handovers during the ITO-OTR handover and advance release process for assigned deal opportunities.
• Be responsible for developing personal commercial, and technical skill sets to enable further personal ITO processes empowerment, simplification, and speed.
• Mentor new Commercial & Sales Managers/Commercial Leadership Program members on the ITO processes during their rotations with Commercial Operations.
• Help develop and present training to fellow commercial managers on relevant business subjects or processes.
Bachelor degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in a Business or Engineering discipline
Significant sales/commercial experience in the power generation industry
Significant leadership experience in Marketing, Sales, Commercial Operations or equivalent associated with the power generation services industry
Strong experience in Parts and Outages for Gas Turbine Technology and experienced in power plant integration projects.
Technical competency in Power Plant Technology
Fluent in written & spoken English and French
Experienced in project management/complex bid management process.
Good working knowledge of commercial processes, pulling resources together to collect bid information, creating bid/proposal documents from scratch.
Ability to interface and communicate with customers to introduce and negotiate opportunity to closure
Solid organization and multi-task capability in a dynamic environment.
Experienced in opportunity management / Bid management and handling proposal
Ability to structure creative deals to support customers, negotiate contracts, and deal effectively with diverse customers.
Business / financial acumen and an understanding how transactions affect the business model (both for GE and the customer) and capable of strategic thinking
Excellent interpersonal communications, presentation and facilitation skills with ability to influence at all levels of the organization including senior leadership
Ability to perform effectively in a matrix management.
Experience with customer specification review, Terms & Conditions, public procurement law, proposal development and leading a sales effort
Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to lead small teams and coordinate several projects simultaneously.
Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
Effective problem identification and solution skills.
Proven analytical and organizational skills.
Locations: Algeria; Algiers