Wind Farm Field Engineer
- GE Renewable Energy
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:28:35 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
Location(s): Viet Nam; Ho Chi Minh, Can Tho, Bac Lieu
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As field engineer you will be responsible for overseeing and providing troubleshooting, repair and regular maintenance for the wind farm’s turbines. This is a hands-on role for an energetic wind turbine technician with proven supervisory and planning skills.
Day-to-day tasks will include:
• Preparation of work programs for the timely servicing of assets (GE wind turbines).
• Organize daily work plans for contractors.
• Raise purchase requests for parts, consumables etc. as required.
• Interpret the requirements of GE manuals, specifications, bulletins, work instructions, etc. and devise work plans including all required resources.
• Guide and assist technicians in the proper maintenance and fault finding of assets.
• Regularly inspect in-person the progress and quality of service/repair work.
• Maintain reports using GE’s various software management tools and databases.
• Ensure all work is performed in accordance with the organization’s JSA, LOTO, EHS and associated policies/procedures.
• Report errors, violations, incidents or problems immediately using GE reporting systems.
• Submit inquiries to Engineering to ensure technical issues are resolved.
• Answer questions from management, Engineering, Sourcing, Projects etc. as required.
• Make a conformance or non-conformance decision upon completion of inspections.
As a minimum, you will be either a qualified electrical supervisor or a qualified mechanical fitter with electrical endorsements. You will be proficient fault finding electrical equipment and have high level computer skills.
An ability to complete physically demanding tasks at heights coupled with a results orientated approach is essential.
Locations: Viet Nam; Ho Chi Minh, Can Tho, Bac Lieu