GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. We take the earth’s most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
To lead the development of new calculation methodologies and design guidelines related to structural components (i.e: castings, manufactured structures, critical bolted joints, welded joints…). Knowledge management and dissemination of the core technologies that assures the structural integrity of wind turbines (i.e. FE simulation, Dynamic analysis, manufacturing processes, methodologies & product validation, …)
The main responsibilities of the selected candidate will be:
- Identify, develop, evaluate, and introduce engineering solutions to meet both near term and long range engineering needs within the field of structural design and simulation
- Provide technical direction to large projects (i.e: support and justify proposed solutions related to structural design)
- Provide technical consultation on product related problems throughout the business including suppliers, assembly plant and field support (SDR’s, NCR’s, …)
- Maintain an active role in developing new technologies and methodologies related to structural components (castings, manufactured structures, critical bolted joints, welded joints…) to improve the performance, quality, lead time and cost of the components under his/her responsibility
- Support other GE businesses, internal & external customers, and suppliers as required
- Provide technical consultation to cross-functional teams throughout the business to improve or resolve manufacturing, supplier, or field issues
- Effectively communicate and provide recommendations through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data to internal and external GE customers using reports, records, and letters
- Use knowledge and expertise to market winning proposals in anticipation of business product needs
- Prepare invention disclosures to protect technology that gives the business a competitive advantage, as well as protecting the intellectual property rights of the company
- Provide technical guidance, direction and training to new and experienced structural engineers, specialists, technicians and co-ops
Les principales responsabilités du/de la candidat(e) retenu(e) sont les suivantes: