Lead Engineer, Computer
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:29:14 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Healthcare Imaging
Location(s): China; BeiJing; Beijing
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Computer & IT Infrastructure Engineer owns, defines, and delivers standard computer hardware platform to the business P&Ls. The engineer is responsible for developing technology roadmaps aligned with multiple supplier timelines to give both business units and services line of site to platform availability and obsolescence deadlines. The engineer must engage in highly cross-functional teams to deliver innovative and cost effective platform solutions to the business P&Ls.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
1. Research and evaluate computer & IT infrastructure technologies against requirements for medical device applications across the product portfolio.
2. Develop technical roadmaps for computer hardware based on supplier timelines.
3. Consolidate, define and document computer & IT infrastructure requirements across multiple GEHC business units to a minimum viable set.
4. Formulate plan to integrate computer platforms into product NPIs and IB maintenance programs.
5. Work with the software CoE to standardize Operating Systems, peripherals, drivers, applications, and enable rapid adoption of the HDF (Healthcare Digital Framework) and Predix.
6. Lead the planning, execution, and documentation of compute sub-system verification testing. Work with engineering, sourcing, and software teams to resolve HW and SW quality issues and drive continuous improvement and cost reduction efforts.
7. Communicate technology strategy in a simple, understandable manner.
8. Be a technology advocate in business and customer interactions.
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Ensure compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before approving Design Outputs/Program Deliverables
5. Lead continuous improvement activities by driving the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives
1. BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent experience.
2. 7 years of experience with compute platform & IT infrastructure technologies.
3. Knowledge of Design for Reliability Principles in applications to circuit design and evaluation.
4. Experience in IT infrastructure for Cloud environment, knowledge of servers, switchers, storages and others hardware devices to establish a IaaS for Cloud
5. Knowledge of Rack level infrastructure’s construction.
6. Must be able to work effectively in a global cross-functional team environment.
7. Prefer to have knowledge of virtualization (KVM/XEN) and open cloud management platform(openstack/Eucalyptus/cloudstack).
1. Working knowledge of GEHC design tools and processes.
2. Understanding of regulatory requirements and design strategies to deliver compliant designs.
3. Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
4. Familiarity with FDA government regulated design practices.
5. Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
6. Ability to meet aggressive reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and delivery targets
7. Effective oral and written communication skills.
8. Established publication and/or patent track record.
9. Provides an environment in which others can share ideas.
Locations: China; BeiJing; Beijing