GE Working Capital Solutions (WCS) leverages the financial solutions and industry expertise of GE Capital to offer Accounts Receivable management on a global basis to GE and its affiliates. We offer a full range of Accounts Receivable management capabilities, including financing and servicing solutions through our world class people, processes and technologies. WCS provides credit and collections services through five Centers of Excellence and over 15 locations globally.
WCS is committed to employing a diverse workforce throughout the world, and to providing all employees with opportunities to reach their growth potential and contribute to the progress of the communities we serve.
Our achievements reflect a culture of meritocracy where every employee can be a leader. We believe that when one person grows and improves, we can all grow and improve, as we continue to meet and anticipate the needs of customers around the world.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Role Summary:
This internship role will be focused on building expertise in Controllership activities as well as offer a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience through challenging tasks and projects. The intern will have to work closely with a global team and interact with various functions on a regular basis. Essential Responsibilities:
- Become an integrated member of the WCS Controllership team, working on both individual and team assignments
- Support the team located in Milan on the day-to-day activities, such as: preparing and posting monthly entries, preparing local mandatory reporting, preparing accounts reconciliation, assisting the yearly statutory closing processes, supporting AP process (invoices booking and payment, No PO No Pay procedure application)
- Support VAT preparation and filing on Italian entity
- Work closely with other functions to build operational knowledge to support the execution of the daily Controllership activities
- This role will give the opportunity to take full ownership requiring the candidate to leverage their leadership and organizational skills. The intern will be assigned a mentor who will provide guidance and assistance and he/she will join the Finance Department of Working Capital Solutions.
- To apply, please visit http://jobs.gecareers.com/
For any questions, please contact Maria Pace at email@example.com
- Superior academic achievement; degrees in Finance, Accounting, Business Studies, Economics preferred.
- Demonstrated interest and competency in Finance.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Ability to lead and work towards an end goal with strong time-management skills
- Willing to push themselves by working with an extensive network of people and in a diverse environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Flexible, adaptable and geographically mobile.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken. Any additional European language would be advantageous
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in Europe.
- Eu work permit
Locations: Italy; Milan