Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
As the Upgrades Project manager, you will be responsible for the proper leadership of upgrade projects integrating all the areas that contribute to a successful outcome that is defined as projects on time, at planned cost and with high customer satisfaction. Essential Responsibilities:
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Connect all the required individuals with relevant impact on the project to guarantee required outcomes for proper quoting, planning and execution of Ultrasonic Testing machines upgrades projects including and not limited to Project, Software, Hardware engineering, Sourcing and Manufacturing
- Drive understanding of all technical requirements and prepares the detailed specification of projects from a perspective of labor, materials, suppliers, etc to enable Commercial operations preparing the final detailed quote
- Collaborate with Service resource manager and service coordinators so that these functions have the proper planning of resources, SAP order entry and maintenance of ERP
- Deploy project management culture and controls of upgrades projects from the beginning to the end to ensure successful execution (SFDC, MS Project)
- Requires expertise and knowledge of the organization and of GEIT products to drive the proper complete connections
- Proper communication skills to share progress, escalate issues and drive attention to the project success requirements.
- Identify from best practices and lessons learned opportunities for projects improvements.
- You will be responsible for part of the initiatives that drive doubling our business growth in 2 years, so working on a fast paced environment, able to handle multiple projects at same time and being able to take initiative are fundamental skills for this role.
Desired Characteristics: Previous knowledge of GE Services practices and customer base Organizing & Executing: Focuses, monitors, and maintains high standards for quality, customer needs, and satisfaction. Takes initiative, acts with confidence, and executes in a systematic way. Takes responsibility for actions and people and consistently achieves project goals. Communicating: Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly and fluently. Makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence, projecting credibility. Frequent Travel: Approximately 10 to 30% of working time. Locations:
- College graduate or above in Bachelor of electronics or mechatronics
- Possess several years’ experience as engineer or in project management
- Strong Project Management background, experience with Lean Six Sigma and process optimization.
- Strong communications and ability to drive relationships and teamwork
- Fluent English and German