Lead Engineer -Building Services
- GE Power
- Posted 7/26/2017 4:57:52 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): India; Noida
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Engineering to specify building facilities considering the O&M requirements. It includes built environment, the local codes & regulations. Typically, it covers HVAC, fire protection, building automation, security & access control, cranes, hoists, elevators, energy management, workshop tools and furniture.The engineer has the technical and time schedule responsibility for the engineering work and/or services of the project as well as that of the approval with the local authorities.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
-Prepare the design concepts
-Specify, if required, basic engineering to be performed by an architect engineer to define the HVAC equipment based on building types.
-Carry out all activities related to the purchase of equipment designed by a third party. It consists of:
1. Specifying, evaluating supplier bids based on total cost analysis, technically negotiating and finally initiating a request for purchase order.
2. After the purchase order, as applicable, carrying out document review and releasing the information for further internal use, performing technical review, integrating the equipment into the plant by managing as applicable mechanical, electrical and I&C-interfaces, ensuring equipment maintainability and accessibility by appropriate arrangement, witnessing function and performance tests at supplier site.
3. Supporting erection and commissioning and finally supporting claim negotiation.
- Ensure that the design is per applicable rules, regulations codes and standards and per good engineering practices especially about environmental aspects and health and safety of site personal, operators, maintenance personnel and third parties
- Ensure a coordinated approach in all areas with the other engineering disciplines and support the project engineering manager
- Participate to HAZOP-studies, to design reviews and to the design freeze meetings and ensure that corrective actions are closed on time
A) Education & Training:
Degree in building services engineering preferably or mechanical engineering or electrical engineering.
Desirable (NICE TO HAVE):
Specialization in power plant or similar large scale industrial facilities
B) Professional Experience (Experience gained on the job
during professional life):
8 –11 years of relevant experience in large plant projects
8 years in the field of Engineering
Desirable (NICE TO HAVE):
Site experience, course of studies appropriate to the technical field involved
C) Functional Knowhow:
-Know and apply design methods, rules and tools to specify the systems/ components
- Specific Knowledge about the relevant codes and standards like ANSI, ASME, NFPA, TAC, LPC, UL, FM, IEC, VDE etc.
- Power plant process knowledge
- Knowledge of Interfaces
- Good knowledge of engineering, design and project management tools and methods
- Idea on controls systems
- “Customer Focus” and “Total Cost Focus” minded
- Steadiness in performance, ability to stand up well under stress, self-motivation, openness to innovations, flexibility
- Ability to foresee situations and adapt accordingly
- Able to identify solutions to problems and implement them
- Positive thinking with proactive approach
- Promotes/influences innovative processes, general technical knowledge
- Able to interact comfortably and effectively with authorities, understand how authority figures think and work, able to collaborate with authorities by “speaking their language” and responding to their needs
- Attitude and talent to negotiate and make presentations
Locations: India; Noida