GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com
GE Energy Connections is helping to solve the world’s toughest energy challenges through the design of leading technology solutions for the delivery, management, conversion, and optimization of electrical power for customers across multiple energy-intensive industries. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. We offer the insight and experience that will help our customers build a brighter energy future for all of us.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
Joining us, you will be working in the center of Budapest in a prominent office building. Our office provides possibilities to have a nice walk or sit in the well-maintained garden, grab a cup of coffee at the nearby modern or traditional coffee shop, or get in shape at the gym. Role Summary:
As a Lead Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE), lead complaint management, supplier approval and development activities, support NPI efforts at component, material and finished product suppliers. Drive exceptional part/product quality and Cost of Quality and Cost Recovery. Essential Responsibilities:
- Track and reports supplier performance;
- Implementing supplier quality strategy, drive projects linked to the business objectives;
- Ensure proper project execution following the relevant internal NPI Standing Instructions or C change procedures;
- Establish required CTQ performance at suppliers and subcontractors by implementing robust quality control plans and sustainable corrective action plans;
- Lead the implementation of Supplier Quality Processes and Systems (DMS and SPQ “Supplier Process Quality”) for EMEA Suppliers, support other Poles as needed in this;
- Set up supplier quality processes and lead systems implementation at suppliers;
- Lead trainings to suppliers and develop suppliers’ capabilities to use SQ systems to drive process improvements;
- Drive outstanding part/product performance for manufacturing sites and customers;
- Coordinate supplier changes via plant change implementation boards;
- Interface with Supplier Quality organization to address underperforming suppliers and ensure improvement plans are in place. Work closely with Sourcing, interfacing global engineering / manufacturing on technical, documentation, specification and quality issues
- Degree in electronics engineering / or equivalent technical degree;
- Experience in UPS products, manufacturing, quality, and/or design – with emphasis on process evaluation and quality assurance;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, strong background in applying statistical quality control tools for process / product controls, such as SPC, gage R&R, FMEA;
- Ability of interpretation of engineering drawings/ specifications and manufacturing process planning/evaluation;
- Fluent English;
- Good written and oral communications skills in one or more European languages;
- Driving license with experience;
- Willingness to travel frequently.
- Six Sigma GB or BB Certified;
- Familiar with Sourcing, NPI and Quality Practices;
- Experience in Supplier Quality Assurance and/or Quality Management Systems, auditing experience;
- ISO auditor certificate;
- Results oriented approach, passionate, disciplined, analytical, self-starter;
- Demonstrated energy, leadership, and project management skills;
- Team player.
Locations: Hungary; Budapest