Waste Water Plant Technician
- GE Aviation
- Posted 7/26/2017 4:41:02 PM
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Business Segment: Aviation Supply Chain
Location(s): Malaysia; Subang
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Supervise operation of the Waste Water Treatment Plant to ensure complete compliance DOE wastewater discharge standards and assist the maintenance of all equipment located in the Wastewater Treatment Plant. Operate the Waste Water Treatment Plant in accordance with manufacturer specification.
1. Define and set up a preventive maintenance program in accordance to the manufacturer requirement and recommendations.
2. Ensure that appropriate measurement, control equipment, and tooling are available to perform the repairs in a short time in order to minimize the shutdown times.
3. Ensure that all technical documents are updated and be available at any time.
4. Preparation of maintenance plans (daily, weekly, monthly and yearly)
5. Define spare parts which have to be purchased and pool for effective maintenance.
6. Ensure that all safety and environmental requirements are adhered to.
7. Maintain good operation practices and housekeeping.
8. Adhere to all company regulations, in particular, to punctually, attire and discipline.
9. Organise and maintain analysis program for efficient operations of the treatment plant.
10. Organise manpower under his supervision.
11. Ensure company procedure are being followed.
12. Perform wastewater analysis to ensure compliance with DOE standard.
13. Ensure that all equipment is operational as per maintenance record.
14. Operation and supervision of the treatment processes.
15. Carry out day to day maintenance of equipment.
16. Maintain records of operation parameters and inspection schedules.
17. Perform work assigned and in a manner as specified ensuring that all quality and safety requirements, as well as good operating procedures, are met
18. Control equipment and monitor processes that remove or destroy harmful materials, chemicals, and microorganisms from wastewater.
19. Run tests to make sure that the processes are working correctly.
20. Keep records of water quality and other indicators.
21. Operate and maintain the pumps and motors that move water and wastewater through filtration systems.
22. Read meters and gauges to make sure that plant equipment is working properly.
23. Take samples and run tests to determine the quality of the water being produced.
24. Adjust a number of chemicals, such as coagulant and flocculants, being added to the water.
25. Use computerized systems to monitor plant processes.
26. Keep records that document compliance.
1. 3 years experience in Industrial Effluent Treatment System (IETS) design and MUST have a competent cert. CePIETSO PCP.
2. Candidate must possess at least a Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Engineering (Chemical), Engineering (Civil), Engineering (Electrical/Electronic), Engineering (Industrial), Engineering (Environmental/Health/Safety) or equivalent.
3. Able to speak and write well in English & Bahasa Malaysia
4.Ability and willingness to work overtime, as required
1. Knowledge of chemical processes and waste treatment equipment/machinery and its operation, maintenance, and repair.
2.Demonstrated experience working with hand and power tools related to the maintenance of plant facilities and equipment
3.Knowledge of hazards and precautions associated with plant operations and processes
4.Demonstrated experience in utilizing various computer systems in a manufacturing environment
5.Proven ability to interpret manufacturers’ operations and maintenance manuals and apply the indicated practices
6.Demonstrated the understanding of safety, quality and LEAN methodologies in the workplace.
7. Take own initiatives to suggest for improvement or overcome problem occurred
8. Willing to learn and good attitude
Locations: Malaysia; Subang