GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The Programme Manager demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives to include delivery of the business Op Plan. In this role you will integrate and lead the overall execution of the programmes assigned. You will develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage customer interfaces / expectation and stakeholder engagement, resolve complex issues and lead the team to achieve the financial objectives in a timely manner.
Overall program leadership and driving the organization to deliver on commitments.
Financial Management of Program, P&L accountability for:
• OE production contracts, to include management of other business functions to re-establishing production capability on legacy programs Qualifications/Requirements:
• Sales Growth Strategy
• Momentum (OE) pricing
• Deliver Contract Performance
• OE Delivery performance
• Quality Metrics
• Product change management
• Toll Gate lifecycle
• Demand Management (OE) via S&OP process
• Manage Customer and Key Stakeholders
• Product cost reduction and Safety monitoring
• Identify and implement opportunities for product upgrades
• Organize and support contract, program and technical reviews with internal and external customers
• Contract and program review process, ensuring robust program, financial and commercial governance and assurance.
• Cash collection – resolve overdue debt issues
• Risk management
• Product change management
• Sales forecasting via SII and monthly progress reviews
• Degree qualified in Business, Engineering or Law or similar with further business or academic qualifications or equivalent knowledge & experience
• Strong commercial acumen with the drive to succeed to achieve outstanding results
• Strong experience of leading Program activities in a matrix organization within the Aviation Industry
• Experience in contract negotiation and the commercial management of OEM contracts
• Experience of proposal process from approval to successful Contract Negotiation
• Financial awareness – understands Op Plan submission and management process
• Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiating skills
• Understanding of contract/agreement types and when to use them.
• Excellent drive and commitment with ability to work under minimum supervision
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Locations:
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
• Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
• Effective problem identification and solution skills.
• Proven analytical and organizational ability.
United Kingdom; Gloucester