Engineer 1 - Customer Application Engineering
- GE Energy Connections
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:32:54 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Energy Connections Power Conversion
Location(s): India; Hyderabad
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating techno-commercial proposals for GE Motors’ global customers and giving technical support to global sales during pre-order stage.
• Reviewing technical contents of customer’s specifications, analyzing application requirements and generating quotation/proposal based on GE Motors’ product offering
• Supporting technical queries from sales and customer.
• Studying motor applications and proposing technical solutions to customers.
• Consistently maintain high level of operational metrics for customer support.
• Supporting requisition engineers for smooth order execution.
• Supporting product development team to know gaps in product offering.
• Seeking opportunities for continuous improvement to reduce cycle time or improve quality.
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Minimum 2 years of industrial experience in AC/DC induction motors design, manufacturing or application.
• Knowledge of 3-phase AC/DC motor designs, drives and its applications.
• Sound fundamentals of electrical machines.
• Excellent team player.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Able to learn electrical and mechanical engineering related to AC motors.
• Knowledge on AC drives and its application
• Knowledge of standards and codes such as IEC/NEMA/IEEE related to motors.
• Knowledge of testing, manufacturing and installation of motors.
• Basic knowledge on mechanical designs such as bearings, vibrations, mechanical protection etc.
Locations: India; Hyderabad