About Us: GE Healthcare
provides transformational medical
technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable
healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough
challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery,
biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps
medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.Learn
More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE
Opportunity to join a world class team of high performing technical experts that will help set the standards and direction for our Global Supply Chain for advanced manufacturing technologies. Advanced Manufacturing Engineering is recognized as a key manufacturing technology leader across GE Healthcare.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
- Work with Additive COE leadership to identify and implement additive manufacturing projects and applications at Additive Development Center in European region
- Drive improved product quality by identifying manufacturing issues, developing advanced manufacturing cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation of Additive Manufacturing into production
- Support engineering teams across all GEHC modalities to design for Additive when applicable and develop process to transfer Additive Manufacturing processes from design to supply chain.
- Monitor and improve productivity through the use of Lean Six Sigma or related tools, while ensuring all customer commitments are timely and cost-conscious and met with quality
- Provide technical support to GEHC additive manufacturing development centers to take design concepts and turn them into optimized and robust processes for large scale manufacturing.
- Support AMöE Additive Manufacturing COE activities and sub-core teams; foster synergies and collaborate with other Advanced Manufacturing Process Technology COEs
- Provide leadership, planning and technical support for the introduction of additive manufacturing processes for new product development and existing manufacturing.
- Implement efforts to improve product and process quality.
- AME II (Advanced Manufacturing Engineering) is recognized as a key manufacturing technology leader within their technology domain.
- Interface with global counter-parts to achieve program goals and integrate global activities when necessary.
For further information regarding this position, please contact:
Jimmie Beacham (Hiring Manager) +1 262 312 7800
or Bo Medhage (AME Manager) +46 18 6121150
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or related technical degree and relevant experience or Associates Degree and experience or High School diploma with and long experience in production, engineering or troubleshooting
- Prior experience in the field of additive manufacturing
- Demonstrated troubleshooting, analytical and planning skills
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated strong communication skills (written and verbal) to all levels of the organization
- Ability to identify and implement Best Practices
- MS/PHD in technical concentration/field
- Significant industrial experience in Manufacturing Engineering
- 6-sigma DMAIC & DFSS certified
- Domain expertise in the field of additive manufacturing and metallurgical technologies
- Domain expertise in process intensive manufacturing (e.g. machining, joining & forming, injection molding, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of CAD systems and CAD file management (e.g. Creo, Solidworks)
- Product and process development experience
- Solid working knowledge of GEHC QMS procedures for GMP
- Experience developing tools and templates
- Demonstrated program or project management skills
- Demonstrated experience owning production processes / growing capability in yield and quality
- Experience working with global teams
- Willing to travel domestic and internationally up to 25% of the time.
Locations: Sweden; Uppsala