Analista de Laboratório
- GE Power
- Posted 7/26/2017 4:37:09 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Water & Process Technologies
Location(s): Brazil; Rio de Janeiro
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Test and support development of existing and new products for oil and gas market. Skills are focused on scale inhibitors and biocides commonly applied in this industry, but other testing expertise are desirable, as corrosion inhibitors, pour point depressors, wax inhibitors, emulsion breakers among the most important. In this position, the person has to support scale inhibitors testing and developments, in existing and potential accounts in Latin America.
This position will have the responsibility to test and support development of existing and new products for oil and gas market. The required skills are focused on scale inhibitors and biocides commonly applied in this industry, but other testing expertise are desirable, as corrosion inhibitors, pour point depressors, wax inhibitors, emulsion breakers among the most important. In this position, the person has to support scale inhibitors testing and developments, in existing and potential accounts in Latin America. Eventually, support to these applications could be required at customer labs.
The professional involved in this function must be proactive, accountable for results, and be responsible to write technical reports and prepare presentations related to the tasks executed. He/she must have the ability to work in teams, not only with the technology group, but with the commercial and field teams as well.
The main role of this professional is to work proactively providing solutions for recurring demands from the commercial and field teams. by providing prompt response and service in the following areas:
1. To be the focal point for scale inhibitor and biocide demands in the E&P laboratory.
2. To assist in lab processes and workflows (lab. Inventory entry, QTS workflow, research projects).
3. To perform routine performance tests for both scale inhibitors (static, dynamic and compatibility tests) and biocides used in the E&P industry.
4. Chemical management of the laboratory (MSDS creation, compatibility tests, chemical segregation of raw materials and finished products).
5. SAP user data maintenance from the lab. side.
6. To write technical reports and prepare presentations to assist both technical and commercial teams.
7. To introduce new analytical methodologies for new products development.
8. Quality management (ISO 9000 )of the E&P laboratory, providing support to the quality team.
9. To care physical chemical tests to new products introduction.
10. To maintain contact with suppliers for new raw materials approval.
11. To comply with all applicable health, safety and environmental regulations.
12. To perform other related duties as assigned or indicated by responsibilities.
13. To build upon strong internal relationships.
·1. Experience of at least 3 years in laboratory, preferably in E&P or any other process related industry.
2. Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and organizational skills.
3. High sense of urgency.
4. Customer service and results oriented.
5. Team player, self-motivated.
6. Demonstrated problem solving abilities
7. Demonstrated pro-active and self-starter behavior
8. Able to multi-task and organized
1. High school education (chemistry or chemical engineer)
2. Notorious scale experience (5 years minimum)
3. Demonstrated strong computer skills (Office Suite, SAP)
4. Iso9000 and 17025 notions
5. English fluent
Locations: Brazil; Rio de Janeiro