Global Process Engineer - Surfaces
- GE Renewable Energy
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:24:59 PM
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Business Segment: Renewable Energy LM Wind Power
Location(s): China; HeBei, JiangSu, TianJin; Jiangyin, Tianjin, Qinghuangdao
GE Renewable Energy is a $10 billion start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power and more recently turbine blades, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner. With more than 22,000 employees present in more than 55 countries, GE Renewable Energy is backed by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. Our goal is to demonstrate to the rest of the world that nobody should ever have to choose between affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy.
Follow us @GERenewables
LM Wind Power, a GE Renewable Energy Company (approx. 9300 employees globally), is the world’s leading supplier of blades and service to the wind industry, and the only supplier that operates on a global basis. The wind turbine industry is becoming increasingly complex, with radical progress made over the last few decades, providing great opportunities for professional development and a work environment that promotes initiative and creativity. If working in a company which creates state-of-the-art technology and processes attracts you, LM Wind Power has a career for you.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Our Global Production Engineering & Implementation team is looking for engineers to serve as Process Engineers. As a global process engineer you will be leader and process owner of the process-specific elements of our Core Manufacturing System
Work with cross functional teams to develop our next generation of operational processes
Your responsibilities will be within the following areas:
• Developing and implementing process control systems to secure capability and high performance of our processes
• Providing technical support to factories on blade closure safely and securely
• Provide and maintain guides, work instructions and other technical documentation.
• Interact with global functions for developments and updating information, solving technical issues
• Execute routine tasks related to ECR, QCR and process documentation
• Has a background as Bachelor in engineering.
• 3 years of hands-on experience in blade manufacturing
• Demonstrated an ability to produce results through process optimization and improvements
• Good command of English
• Preferably have a Lean Six Sigma Green belt certification
• Pragmatic, practical and result oriented.
• Analytical and can take decisions based on the analyses
• Self driven and able to complete independently, and a good team player
• Flexible and able to travel 25-40%
Locations: China; HeBei, JiangSu, TianJin; Jiangyin, Tianjin, Qinghuangdao