GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Power’s Water & Process Technologies is a global business that focuses on the world’s most complex water-related challenges in more than 100 countries. Employing approximately 8,000 people and headquartered in Trevose, PA, Water & Process Technologies provides innovative solutions that address the growing demand for increased water availability and quality, while improving customers’ productivity and meeting more stringent environmental regulations. GE announced they signed a definitive agreement to sell the Water & Process Technologies business to SUEZ, a services and solutions company with global operations primarily in water and waste management. The deal will be subject to customary closing conditions such as regulatory review and appropriate consultation and we expect this to be complete by mid 2017. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The electrical Lead will be responsible for the leading the electrical team on site. Within the manufacturing environment, the candidate will lead the electrical and control scope of our water treatment equipment fabrication. This role will also manage all fixed electrical systems across the Peterborough facility.
• Provide direction & support to the team of Electricians and controls specialists who build and maintain water treatment equipment. Qualifications/Requirements:
• Provide direction & support to Electricians carrying out maintenance on the facilities electrical systems.
• Oversee contractors within the manufacturing environment and manage maintenance contracts related to the facility.
• Take responsibility for the training and technical development of the Electricians and controls specialists.
• Manage all electrical apprenticeship programs that take place at the Peterborough site.
• Assist in the development & management of Preventative Maintenance programs for the rental fleet & fixed facility.
• Lead the development of quality standards related to electrical and control. Ensure these standards are met by all staff & contractors.
• Demonstrate active participation and leadership within the sites quality and EHS activities.
• Development and delivery of electrical awareness training courses for non-electrical staff.
• Compliance Assessments against relevant electrical statutory provisions.
• Complete EHS training courses on an IT system and attend classroom based training. This includes risk assessment, lockout procedures, permits etc.
• Work overtime during evenings and weekends if required.
• International travel up to 10% of time.
• The Electrical lead can be required to perform additional tasks not mentioned above in line with the business need.
• Degree or Level 3 NVQ qualification in electrical based subject (only City & Guilds / EAL qualifications will be accepted) or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office packages
• Experience in industrial electrical works
• Strong record of EHS and Quality awareness
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
• Apprentice trained Locations:
• 17th Edition Wiring Regulations
• Level 3 qualification in Electrical inspection & testing
• Experience with instruments and drives
• PLC / control system troubleshooting
• Maintain high standards of conduct
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
United Kingdom; Peterborough