This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol - a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. You can expect to join a diverse team, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development. Our 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future. GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world. Role Summary:
We are looking for a Distributed Power FP&A – Cash Leader (m/f).
Job #2937170 Essential Responsibilities:
The Cash Leader position supports the DP business and includes the cash and balance sheet-related Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) activities in addition to leading the collections and dispute resolution for both P&Ls. Responsibilities are focused around the forecasting, planning, & reporting processes, as well as AR & collection functions including leading a team combined of both direct reports and third party resources. This role partners with Working Capital Solutions (WCS), Commercial, Global Operations and Supply Chain to ensure working capital improvements.
- Strategic responsibilities:
- Lead the planning and reporting cycles; support the DP leadership team in the preparation of budgets, operating plans & investment strategies; develop cash playbook and drive operational engagement to meet cash targets
- Prepare and support presentations (Op Plan, SII, Growth Playbook, Blueprints) required to communicate DP financial position to GE Power & GE Corporate leadership
- Support restructuring planning and cost out actions (cash impact and savings profile, etc.)
- Partner with Corporate and Treasury to drive Cash Transformation initiatives; WCS, legal to drive initiatives to maintain / increase factoring penetration; IT to drive system automation (ERP/Tableau) and process optimization
- Partner with finance managers to create standard metrics for AR/PD/Reserves.
- Operational responsibilities:
- Manage regular pacing / QMIs; provide financial reporting on all aspects of business on a quarterly and annual basis
- Support operating leaders across commercial, OTR, supply chain, etc. to drive cash performance to include accounts receivable collections (internal and external), supplier payment terms, cash taxes, capex, etc.
- Provide financial advice and counsel to all functional components in areas such as accounting, cash flow measurement & presentation, profit and loss measurement, and investment to assure consistent practices
- Maintain systems & processes for analyzing and reporting operating results to management
- Drive awareness and engagement around cash flow across DP operations through trainings and communications
- Process / relationship management:
- Point of contact with WCS for the design, development and implementation of the Cash Flow platform model between GECARS and Oracle.
- Responsible for partnering with WCS (Working Capital Solutions) management team to define the scope and goals of project plans, and facilitate execution of those plans to meet business objectives and performance.
- Support collections, cash applications and dispute resolution by initiating sustainable process improvements; serve as a dispute resolution expert and resource
- Support the legal team for bankruptcy and manage third party to limit write-off impact.
- Manage refunds/credit Note process from submission to payments. Work through delegation of authority to ensure refunds/credit notes are done compliantly.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Relevant experience in a finance position
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex financial issues
- Extensive knowledge of GE business operations is preferred
- Prior experience in collections / cash management is preferred
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
According to Austrian law job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EURO 3099.59 gross monthly. Please note that this is the very minimum salary and will most likely be higher. The effective salary is based on the candidate’s Qualification and Experience and will be negotiated accordingly.
Locations: Austria; Jenbach