- GE Power
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:22:56 PM
- Job Function: Environmental Health & Safety
- Business Segment: Power Steam Power Systems
Location(s): China; HuBei; Wuhan
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
1. Work with MMI & Engineering to oversee / ensure safe access equipment is included at design stage of components to be fabricated in the workshops – ensure correct info. gets on the ‘Travelers’.
2. Design / specify solutions (involving your MMI and EHS guys) Specify the equipment we should buy (or hire) to fix existing problems (i.e. tube & clip scaffolding / aluminum tower scaffolds / other)
3. Survey what W@Ht problems WBC has today.
4. Conduct frequent inspections of work at height operations to maintain safe system of work.
5. Train nominated persons from production teams to erect, inspect, dismantle and move this type of equipment
1. Advanced scaffolder certificated status in construction industry, minimum of 10 years’ experience leading scaffolding teams or similar
2. Transfer experience and knowledge on the subject to others.
3. Authorized to train and supervise others to erect, inspect, modify, dismantle and move aluminum tower scaffolds/tube and clip scaffolds.
4. Qualified to design appropriate safe access solutions using certified aluminum tower components or tube and clip scaffold components
5. Able to design and install life-lines when appropriate and train others in their use
6. Able to specify equipment to meet local regulations and our SPS EHS Minimum Requirements.
7. College degree or above or equivalent.
8. Have strong sense of responsibility, good communication skills, good team player, have certain risk identification ability
1. Have EHS management experience in large machinery manufacturing company is preferred.
2. Major in safety and occupational health is preferred.
3. Registered safety engineer is preferred.
4. Good command of oral and written English is preferred.
Locations: China; HuBei; Wuhan