GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for defined work or projects in support of MRP and Commodity Strategies. In this role you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
• Understand strategies for assigned commodities and proactively drive initiatives to meet Sourcing objectives Qualifications/Requirements:
• Place timely Purchase Orders (PO) and obtain PO acknowledgements from Suppliers
• Manage the order book to ensure all parts are delivered on time in full
• Identify and qualify new suppliers
• Assess supplier capabilities and make recommendations on supplier acceptability
• Implement sourcing standards including process & execution, synergies for cost out.
• Drive productivity opportunities with supply base to deliver cost out goals
• Support commodity buys
• Generate reports to track PO activity and supplier performance
• Analyze and track Supplier promise date accuracy and develop reports to ensure Supplier promise date adherence
• Drive effective sourcing plans to meet required delivery dates and create payment tracking and invoice analysis.
• Degree qualification or equivalent with experience in a Sourcing role.
• Verbal communications and interpersonal skills
• Time management, scheduling and prioritization skills
• Experience with utilizing and creating effective MS Excel spreadsheets; working capability with MSWord, Outlook & PowerPoint
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• Additional experience in Sourcing and writing fulfilment reports using MS Access, SQL or Visual Basic is preferred Locations:
United Kingdom; Gloucester