GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
You will be responsible for leading the site based Finance team and working with the matrix to define/deliver the strategic plan aligned with the financial objectives for the site. You will be part of the Senior Leadership team of the site and be expected to partner closely with the Supply Chain, P&L, Engineering and HR leaders in order to shape, govern and guide the strategic direction for the site.
• Overall finance oversight for the site encompassing FP&A, Controllership, Supply Chain and transactional finance teams Qualifications/Requirements:
• Work with Senior Leadership and project teams to define & deliver the long term strategy for the site
• Preparation of business plans as part of the annual planning cycle
• Partner closely with the business to drive cost out, cost control, maximize profit and cash opportunities and manage the risk on the balance sheet
• Advises financial consequences of business decisions to management and engages to ensure the right overall business decisions are made
• Engage and deliver any Finance Transformation & IT projects to enhance efficiency & effectiveness of the Finance team
• Engage with other global/regional teams working on strategic or functional initiatives
• Drive engagement of the Finance team with the matrix structure in GE so as to maximize outcomes for the site
• Management of Hamble Finance team staff
• Ad hoc reporting requirements as required
• Degree qualified or equivalent knowledge & experience
• Fully qualified professional accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA/QBE) with post qualification experience in a large company
• Strong background in Accounting, FP&A and Business Partnering
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
• Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
• Established project management skills.
• Demonstrable past in influencing teams not under your direct control to achieve required financial outcomes
• Proven record working within a manufacturing and/or engineering environment and can converse confidently about product costing and drivers of cost
• Strong past in driving financial performance
• Be able to show you can develop strong cross functional relationships & networks in order to complete your work
• Demonstrable background in managing diverse teams and individuals
• Able to fluently speak and write in English language
• Positive “can-do” approach
• Good communicator and ability to work in a matrixed environment
• Ability to anticipate, identify and resolve financial issues.
• Ability to recognise the need for, and drive, process improvements and efficiencies
• Experience of Oracle/SAP
• Familiar with IFRS and US GAAP
Locations: United Kingdom; Hamble-le-Rice