Lead Manufacturing Engineer - Test
- GE Transportation
- Posted 7/21/2017 2:49:20 AM
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Business Segment: GET Transportation
Location(s): India; Other BR IN
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Lead Manufacturing Engineer - Test will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, & processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop & execute objectives for self & others, & have the ability to effect short-term & some long-term business goals in setting up manufacturing processes in Oracle ERP & MES applications related to Testing process for Locomotive.
In addition you will:
- Develop & maintain manufacturing methods & create process routings.
- Support the quality function through integration of ISO / QC documentation & Manufacturing methods Instructions.
- Functionally own the relevant IT systems to be implemented to support the manufacturing processes
- Test and validate the IT solutions to manage the manufacturing process / routings.
- Be the “super user” on IT solutions implemented to support manufacturing processes and champion the user trainings
- Define process / methods to be driven thru ERP processes to facilitate accounting of resource utilization in the functional cell
- Support Design / build / procurement of necessary tooling & finishing within budgets
- Drive cost productivity in functional area thru’ process validation & equipment changes / modification
- Ensure processes contribute to a safe work environment.
- Identify & reduce sources of labor efficiency variations.
- Identify & reduce product quality issues caused by process variation.
- Lead high impact process & quality improvement projects yielding significant reduction in defects & increased productivity in the functional area.
- Attend weekly cross-functional quality sessions & track / drive root cause analysis & corrective actions for Cell issues.
- Lead New Technology Initiatives (NTI) & share best practices with other locations.
- Utilize lean-manufacturing principles & participate in action workouts to improve process capability, reduce overall costs, & increase capacity.
- Drive production matrices with Safety & Compliance Culture
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Manufacturing). Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Production Supervision.
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
Locations: India; Other BR IN