Project Engineering Manager (PEM)
- GE Power
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:21:41 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Malaysia; Kuala Lumpur
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- Managing and leading the complete project engineering team including internal partners, engineering subcontractors as well as external interfaces. Provide the required engineering services within the time schedule, with the required quality meeting the budget targets, while ensuring compliance with corporate, sector and business directives and EHS standards
- Is the point of contact towards the Customer and/or his Representative and/or Consulting Engineer for
- Participate in final technical contract negotiations, support the tender negotiation team
- Compile and check the project engineering file (PEF) and provide input to the project management file (PMF)
- Ensure timely response on technical issues internally as well as to the Customer or his Representative. Compile open issues and maintain comment list accordingly
- Perform technical risk assessment and corresponding risk reviews
- Is responsible for the design control process program and follow-up
- Resolve all open technical issues between the Partners in the best interests of the project
- Manage and control all technical issues of minutes of meetings and agreements between the Partners, Participants and the Customer as well as technical Consultants, Authorities, etc.
- Report the engineering project status according to the established requirements
- Assess, approve, and expedite technical aspects of change orders
- Provide technical support to the claim management
- Provide input to lessons learned and experience response (ERS); ensure adequate feedback is given to tendering organization
2. Managerial (Budget/Administration/People)
- Define the engineering strategies for contract fulfilment in line with the project strategy
- Establish and ensures with Procurement the implementation of the Engineering Procurement Plan (EPP)
- Approve project engineering purchase orders for the responsible scope of work
- Is responsible for the engineering budget including cost of subcontracted design services
- Request nomination of Lead Engineers
3. Functional / transverse (optional)
- Supports the project management (provide evidences) to get milestone payments achieved
- Ensures proper roll-out and application of EPC and Engineering Tools
- Releases the submission of engineering documents to Customer or his Representative/Consulting Engineer
- Coordinates the project documentation for hand-over to Customer Service
- Clarifies and supports site in all technical issues and coordinates with the respective Lead Engineers
- Review and release NCRs and FSIs in accordance to the established rules
- Ensure support to closeout punch items
- Manage the (technical) hand-over from the tender team. Review/comment and reach agreement on the actual project documentation: Scope of supply and Division of Work, Consortium Agreement (if any) and Engineering budget
- Ensure that deviations to the tender concepts are approved only after proper validation in cooperation with the tender team and consultation with the Project Director (PD)
- Review the contractual requirements and analyse the standards and specifications
- Support the preparation of a detailed engineering system time schedule (STS)
- Prepare and control the planning and progress measurement for all engineering activities, monitor and report engineering expenditures
- Ensure roll out and application of Engineering Tools/Information Systems applicable to the project
- Manage the Project Engineering team incl. internal Partners and Engineering Subcontractors
- Coordinate the design review planning
- Ensure the design freezes and control the change request process
- University degree in an engineering discipline or an engineering college degree.
- At least 10 years professional experience in project engineering or power plant engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in a management function or an education and experience assessed to be equivalent to the above.
- Fluent in English
- Good knowledge in the faculties of GT, ST and HRSG disciplines.
- Detailed knowledge in the faculty of water/steam cycle, BOP, electrical, I&C, arrangement planning, piping and valves, civil and construction engineering (2 projects as
- Good knowledge in quality control.
- Good knowledge of the processes in engineering and its interfaces, particularly procurement processes and construction processes.
- General knowledge of the power plant EPC business.
- Good and wide practical experience.
- Leadership and assertiveness.
- Site experience
- Able to motivate people and create team spirit, good coaching skills
- Commercial awareness
Locations: Malaysia; Kuala Lumpur