Industrial Solutions, part of GE Energy Connections, empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software and services to protect, control and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. The business provides customers, across various industries, with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure. Industrial Solutions’ product and service solutions add to GE’s broader portfolio of leading technology solutions for the delivery, management, conversion
and optimization of electrical power for customers across multiple energy-intensive industries. To learn more, please visit: www.geindustrial.com.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
The Project Manager– Industrial Solutions, will lead project management activities primarily in ANZ as well as support project across the region. Essential Responsibilities:
You would draw on your electrical engineering and project management skills as well as your experience in electrical Balance of Plant (eBOP) to assist the Region OTR (Order to Remit) Leader in driving Project Execution excellence, customer satisfaction, developing and implementing project management processes and achieving region project performance metrics for Industrial Solutions projects.
Products within the typical project scope include Low Voltage (LV) and Medium Voltage (MV) switchgear, distribution transformers and busway, with projects ranging in complexity from simple loose product supply to full supply and commissioning of switch rooms. The Project Manager will be responsible for driving growth for project services in the region, and it is part of Global Customer Excellence organization of Industrial Solutions business.
- Plan and implement GE Industrial Solutions projects - electrical distribution / electrical balance of plant (eBOP) projects in Australia and New Zealand
- Acts as primary customer contact for the duration of each project and ensures customer satisfaction through commissioning; resolving specification issues; handling correspondence and providing periodic updates
- Negotiates/coordinates with Commercial/Sales staff as appropriate for customer-requested changes (specification, price and delivery)
- Coordinates field service activities and manages suppliers contract as part of project execution requirement
- Manages and reports all financial aspects of the project including budgets, costs, margin, invoicing, and receivable collection.
- Translate customer needs / requirements into detailed project plans while driving internal execution with various functional teams to meet project targets
- Develops and maintains project schedule and regularly communicates to stakeholders
- Directs and administers project-related activities so as to ensure that projects are completed on-time, within internal and external quality/specification requirements, in accordance to regional OTR Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Manage network of resources (including factory, engineering, customers, partner companies, contractors, logistics service providers) in support of project execution
- Facilitates project closeout reporting and meetings
- Manages deviation, drives change orders during project execution
- Identify opportunities to expand the project in ways that bring value to customer and satisfy our profitability requirement
- Help the sales teams understand delivery capability and participates in the ITO (Inquiry To Order) proposal process on large / complex projects.
- Develops deep applications engineering knowledge for the relevant projects, understands manufacturing capabilities and can source necessary products and services.
- Attend FAT for key projects
- Bachelor’s degree (electrical engineering discipline required)
- Proven experience in managing Power Distribution (MV/LV) and Power Delivery Equipment (Transformer & Busway) projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving abilities
- Solid understanding of project accounting, basic financial concepts and measurements
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- 30% travel required
- Proven leadership skills in a matrix organization
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in project management
- Experience in engineering / manufacturing will be an advantage
- Sales and/or customer interface experience
- SAP Enterprise Software experience is preferred
- Project management software experience
Australia; Parramatta, Sydney, Melbourne,