ES Project Logistics Coordinator
- GE Power
- Posted 7/18/2017 8:51:08 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Power Water & Process Technologies
Location(s): China; JiangSu, ShangHai; Wuxi; Shanghai
GE announced they signed a definitive agreement to sell the Water & Process Technologies business to SUEZ, a services and solutions company with global operations primarily in water and waste management. The deal will be subject to customary closing conditions such as regulatory review and appropriate consultation and we expect this to be complete by mid-2017. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017.
Work with Project Management teams to ensure project equipment delivery schedules are met. Working with global supply chain, manufacturing logistics, sourcing, PSI, Customs Compliance …, be required to develop and execute a project logistics plan that meets contract and budgetary requirements. This is a fast paced job with many variables in which you will be constantly reviewing and working with the team to ensure all project needs are met.
• Support the ITO (Inquiry to Order) activities to get major logistics quotes to help identifying the project freight costs and total landed cost for material procurement options.
• Manage & Control a cost effective Logistics Budget from ITO to OTR (Order to Remittance), looking for margin enhancement and opportunities.
• Act as Single Point of Contact for Project Management in APAC for all logistics activities and as a direct Point of Contact for customer (if necessary).
• Develop a delivery strategy/plan for project shipments and execute in rigorous and timely manner. Manage Rev Rec Risk mitigation.
• Develop and Implement processes for projects documentation, projects logistics planning, projects logistics budgeting and cost allocation
• Consolidation planning and cost-minimization when sourcing from multiple vendors.
• Establish transport mode requirements for Logistics Execution team, with a keen eye to the Oversized cargo (i.e. Break Bulk, Flat rack, Customized and Tailored Logistic solution, ecc.)
• Manage the Commercial/Shipping documentation process for complex L/C projects and/or projects to emerging market countries, providing consistency and minimizing any possible delays due to the rules and regulation in each country.
• Work with cross-functional teams to ensure planning and execution of logistics that supports on-time delivery (OTD) and lowest optimized cost. Ensure the shipment tracking.
• Monitor and ensure compliance of transport mode specialists with customer requirements and contract deliverables.
• Support and coordinate all the Export/Import activities in case of multi-poles shipments (inbound or outbound), in collaboration with the Classification and Custom Team.
• Partner efficiently with the key stakeholders (Project Mgt, Sourcing, PSI, CCare, Manufacturing)
• Prepare supporting materials / complete ad-hoc task to support management decisions or actions.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
• 3+ year logistics experience. Experience in Project Logistics Management is a plus.
• Minimum of 3 years International Trade experience (incoterms, customs regulations, …)
• Problem solver
• Skilled and with proven experience of the oversized loads, in a multi-poles environment
• Ability to work independently and take the right decisions.
• Cross functional team worker driving for execution and successful completion
• Experienced Lean/Six Sigma/Continuous improvement – Green Belt certified is a plus
• Self-starter with a high level of personal motivation / energy
• Global mindset and cultural sensitivity
• Project Management Experience
• Enjoy working in or with a multi-functional matrix organization
• Knowledge of GE Water products and processes (GE employees only)
Locations: China; JiangSu, ShangHai; Wuxi; Shanghai