GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Essential Responsibilities:
- Work with the required Sourcing expertise and care in line with the relevant rules, policies and instructions given by the direct manager or substitute and acccording to the pre-agreed Priorities and Guidelines.
- Work in line with the GE Spirit & Letter guidelines.
- Build Sourcing Strategy for relevant commodities including full understanding of the GE Lighting Portfolio, applications, marketplace and owning the process which leads to identifying and developing best suppliers and strategic partner for GE.
- Have a deep understanding of the usage of the commodity he/she is responsible for, understand market dynamics, stay on the top of the market trends and evaluate existing and potential suppliers capabilities
- Lead tendering activities (preferably including E-Auctioning) and supplier selection & contracting process to achieve increased value package to GE year over year-
- Develop and Manage a diverse local/regional & global high performing supplier base while driving vendor rationalization and improved service to GE through continues and ongoing supplier evaluation .
- Work in cross-functional teams, closely co-operating with Technology, Supply chain, Finance, Legal, EHS and other sourcing teams, fully represent Sourcing in common programs and projects to achieve the business goals and strategic imperatives
- Maintain supplier related database (prices, payment terms, lead times) in SAP with 100% accuracy
- Maintains records of all assessments, communications and agreements with suppliers, make sure these records are easily accessible
- Execute supplier management in documented way, manage supplier relations, solve conflicts always in an open and candid way
- Continuously Identify cost out opportunities and take advantage of digitization and IoT’s already available internally and at the suppliers.
- Analyze risks and benefits of sourcing decisions and can clearly present proposals with this risk analysis
- Negotiate contracts, issue PO to suppliers - manage operative tasks with Purchase Order requests and invoices, project tracking, control of the whole buy to pay process
- Support GE Lighting & Corporate driven initiatives as applicable
- On-going self-development, participation at additional courses and e-learnings
- BS/BA in Business, Engineering background preferred
- Fluent written and spoken English, additional languages are advantage
- Strong sourcing experience
- Excellent communication, negotiation and networking skills
- Passion for setting and meeting aggressive goals
- Openness for new initiatives, fast learner, proactive
- Driven by quality and cost consciousness
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong work ethics with unyielding integrity
- Entrepreneurial thinking and risk taking approach
- Team player attitude
- Advanced MS-Office skills, SAP and Oracle SSP user knowledge is an advantage