Lead Engineer-Factory Support
- GE Transportation
- Posted 7/26/2017 4:38:19 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: GET Transportation
Location(s): India; Pune
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Factory Support Engineer will utilize experience and expertise to resolve supply chain technical issues and solve problems.
You be the on-site representative of the larger but remote Engineering team. This role serves as the solution provider and initial point of contact between engineering and supply chain, and requires a well-rounded and organized engineer with electronic, mechanical and software appreciation and skills.
• Work with supply chain to introduce new product designs into manufacturing
• Work with supply chain and sourcing on second sources and component obsolescence’s as and when they occur
• Assist manufacturing with component level fault finding of electro mechanical product
• Assist manufacturing with the maintenance and operation of production test fixtures and means
• Configuration management and engineering change agent for manufacturing or design defects.
• Raise and resolve NCR’s, OFI’s and/or ECR’s as required
• Monitor manufacturing and tester results seeking anomalies, yields and provide clear monthly reports back to DMT management
• Execute PPAP quality plans and validation
• Always work within the guidelines of applicable GE Policies & Procedures, Engineering Standards, Product Definition Operating Procedures, Specifications, Government and Commercial Standards, and special security requirements.
• Ensure GE Safety methodology and techniques are understood, scheduled, followed and cultural.
• Bachelor degree in Mechatronic Engineering or Electronic or Software Engineering or equivalent, coupled with a good balance of mechanical aptitude
• At least 3 years’ experience with hardware and software fulfilment and associated factory and vendor support.
• Master’s degree in Mechatronic Engineering or Electronic or Software or equivalent, coupled with a good balance of mechanical aptitude
• At least 7 years’ experience with hardware and software fulfilment and associated factory and vendor support.
• A generalist with a good balance of electronic, software and mechanical aptitude
• Ability to work with and explain complex concepts to a wide range of manufacturing staff of varying levels
• Good knowledge of system engineering principals, specifically system decomposition and integration and testing
• A strong back ground in software and firmware for embedded devices, coupled with a reasonable background in electronic and mechanical aspects of electro-mechanical digital products
• Working knowledge of schematic and printed circuit board development methodology, tools, library management, IPC standards (Altium or Mentor Graphics)
• Working knowledge of design for procurement, design for manufacture and design for test of electronic sub-assemblies
• Working knowledge of Teamcenter PLM, and configuration management of products, designs and documents
• Working knowledge of 3D modelling tools such as Inventa, Solidworks and NX
• Well organized and good multi tasker
• Ability to deal with a wide variety of task and interruptions
• Ability to work with a global engineering team and matrixed functions
• Hazardous area equipment manufacture especially the quality requirements of manufacture
• Ability to write or modify software to drive and monitor test jigs and equipment
• Six sigma training or certification
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and team leadership and motivational skills
Locations: India; Pune