Quality Engineer - GE Haiphong
- GE Renewable Energy
- Posted 7/26/2017 4:38:45 PM
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Business Segment: Renewable Energy Global Supply Chain
Location(s): Viet Nam; Hai Phong
General Electric (GE) which was established by Thomas Edison in 1892 is an advanced technology, services and finance company taking on the world’s toughest challenges. Dedicated to innovation in energy, health, transportation and infrastructure, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs about 300,000 people worldwide. For more information about GE and GE's opportunities, join our visit our website http://www.ge.com/careers/opportunities
GE Renewable Energy Haiphong (GEHP) is under GE Renewable Energy. The factory obtained Investment Certificate in 2008, started construction in May 2009 and launched first product in May 2010 specializing on manufacturing major wind turbine components and accessories like generators, converters, products for Oil & Gas…
At GE, our Brilliant Factory initiative is revolutionizing the way we do manufacturing. By leveraging virtual manufacturing, sensor enabled automation, factory optimization, and supply chain optimization, our factories can speed up production by identifying barriers and improving communication, while also improving quality and reducing cost. GEHP factory is one of showcase factory amongst 7 selected factories across GE supply chain worldwide. By implementing Brilliant Factory initiative, we target to transform GEHP to be contemporary and world-class factory in a way that brings different values to customers and supports our suppliers and our employees.
Working at GEHP, you will have great opportunities to approach:
• Advanced technologies in the world
• Multi-cultural, dynamic, and open environment
• Competitive compensation & benefit policy
• Professional trainings on expertise, leadership skills, and soft skill
• Career growth globally
Hiring manager is responsible to report to his/her direct manager, HR department and GE legal consult in the event that his/ her family members or friends apply for a job at his/her department. GE Company encourage GE Employees to introduce talents to GE. However, self-interviewing or self-recruiting their family members or closed friends to become his/her direct reporters are not allowed in order to avoid any conflict of interest risks for both of GE Employee and introduced talents.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Provide technical supports to Control and Improve process & product quality though overall quality plan and quality control for managed area. You also lead group of quality inspectors to manage and control product quality.
- Develop and maintain Quality Plan and Quality Control plan, CAV to manufacture products complied to requirements and/or specification
- Lead root cause analysis for all quality defects and/or quality findings
- Supervise for implementation of corrective action and preventative action for process quality issues; Analyze failure, provide corrective and preventive action to respond to customer complaints.
- Provide clear technical requirements to supplier and follow up with SQE to have suppliers provide root cause, corrective and preventive actions for all quality defects;
- Lead weekly quality meeting to ensure timely resolution for quality defects
- Provide approval for a rework plan. Act as single contact to work with Design Engineer for technical clarification and get approval for a repair plan
- Develop and maintain metrics that defines the condition of the production process and and Cost of Quality
- Oversee internal processes such as NCR, Internal Audit, and others to ensure data accuracy, and process effectiveness including resulting corrective actions and performance metrics
- Provide technical instruction to Quality Inspectors to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system;
- Develop training to build quality awareness; Measurement control, utilize Lean Six Sigma tools to drive continuous improvement
- Responsible for Quality system maintenance and continuous improvement; Manage Quality System follow ISO, Quality policy, Quality manuals, Quality procedures and Quality work instruction
- Ownership of the NCR, MRB & ECO/ECN processes
- Other tasks as assigned by CoE leader
- Bachelor degree or Master Degree in Industrial Engineering or Technical institute
- 2+ years’ experience in quality process and product management, preferably in a process-oriented operations and/or related industry.
- Computer proficient, word, excel, power point
- Experience working with quality standard e.g. ISO, quality framework...
- Knowledge on material properties is preferred.
- Excellence technical knowledge, experience in manufacturing & technical is preferred
- Detail-oriented, experienced in process and product quality control & quality management system
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills in both Vietnamese and English
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Knowledge of the manufacturing process
- Familiarity with Lean Flow and production control systems and routines
- Ability to effectively manage changing and conflicting priorities and resolve appropriately
- Ability to apply Six Sigma tools.
- Open, honest and trustworthy
- Can work individually and/or in a team and can handle high working pressure / Resilience
Locations: Viet Nam; Hai Phong