Electronic Hardware & CAD Engineer
- GE Aviation
- Posted 7/26/2017 4:42:15 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
Location(s): Mexico; Queretaro
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Electronic Design Engineer will provide technical expertise to support development of embedded electronics products, project execution and design support. The primary design work will be in the areas of Analog and Power circuitry used in aviation systems.
The Electronic Engineer will perform design activities for electronic products and systems. Activities will include the development of product requirements and definitions, detailed circuit designs and component selection.
The Electronic Engineer will also support projects through design reviews and will be available to provide technical advice to other departments, customers and suppliers.
The Electronic Engineer will integrate and verify products and systems, and supporting products through environmental and EMC qualification test. Additionally, it will be available to diagnose and fix design problems in existing products.
Activities will include, but not be limited to:
- Design for safety, testability, and manufacturability
- Define Hardware architecture
- Select electronic components for rugged environments
- Schematic capture
- PCB area estimation, power dissipation, component stress analysis
- Troubleshoot digital circuits
- Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis (DFMEA)
- Perform Circuit Worst Case Analysis
- Perform Electrical simulation
- Support PCB design with EMC and manufacturability guidelines
- Support qualification and acceptance testing-
BS Electronics or Mechatronics Engineering plus 1 years of experience designing electronics or Master's degree.
Experience working with requirements, developing specifications and selecting electronic components
The candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of improving design techniques and processes
- Expertise with CAD design tools - Xpedition PCB layout and PCB Simulation
- Understanding of thermal issues associated with electronic systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated
Locations: Mexico; Queretaro