President & CEO - North East Africa
- GE Global Growth Organization
- Posted 7/26/2017 4:42:25 PM
- Job Function: Business Management
- Business Segment: Global Growth Organization Staff
Location(s): Egypt; Cairo
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive.
Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The President & CEO of North-East Africa will represent GE in this region and collaborate with the rest of GE businesses to drive incremental growth and develop key relationships with customers, as well as the governments and local organizations in the market.
The incumbent will be responsible for developing and implementing the growth strategy for North-East Africa across GE businesses, while leading long range planning and contributing to the overall MENAT organization.
• The President & CEO of NEA is the critical point of contact for GE in the region, the incumbent would own and drive corporate initiatives with “one GE” approach
• Collaborate with the wider GE leadership on actively identifying trends and defining priorities of public policy shaping with relevant external organizations, governments, and their stakeholders
• Lead growth in the designated market together with the businesses leadership teams; develop long term business strategies, define new growth and business development opportunities including possible new product introductions
• Support key account relationships in the region as appropriate, rallying resources from the businesses and tracking results
• Establish alliances, partnerships, customer programs and diverse channels to promote GE in the region
• Be an inspiring coach and role model for growing the North-East Africa leadership teams, develop local capabilities for future leadership by further building an organization that would attract and retain the best.
• Drive and ensure compliance with regional laws and drive compliance with GE's integrity policies and practices
• Represent GE with unyielding integrity
• Strong public relations capabilities
• Influencer with a track record of growing a business through organizational buy-in skills and
• inclusive leadership
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
• Minimum 15 years of business leadership experience with demonstrated success in leading teams and delivering results
• Broad understanding of multiple business models and business/ financial strategies across a range of geographies and industrial business sectors of similar scale to North-East Africa.
• Experienced working in a matrixed environment
• Previous work experience in Egypt and Libya, Sudan is a plus
• Skilled communicator who influences and negotiates with great latitude on outcomes
• Proven ability to drive business growth and new product introduction
• Strategic thinker with excellent commercial judgment and business sense
• Superior client relationship and negotiations skills
• High level of motivation and ability to work well independently as well as motivate and energize
• Self-starter with the ability to instantly adapt and move forward with solutions
Locations: Egypt; Cairo