GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. At GE Transportation
, we move the world. We are a global digital industrial leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling industries. Our solutions help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and greater savings using our advanced manufacturing techniques, industry expertise and connected machines. Established more than a century ago, GE Transportation is a division of GE that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives. That innovative spirit still drives GE Transportation today. It's the engine of change that puts us at the forefront of transportation technology, software, and analytics. And it's why we continue to find-and realize-the potential that keeps our connected world moving forward. The GE Transportation Global Headquarters is located in Chicago, Illinois. There are over 65 service sites worldwide. Role Summary:
The Service Leader will be responsible for managing and executing long-term service agreement in Egypt, managing customer relationships, and assisting commercial team in development of new service agreements to deliver business growth in Egypt. Essential Responsibilities:
- Assure timely resolution of customer issues and customer satisfaction for assigned contract.
- Responsible for the profitability and customer satisfaction for assigned contract.
- Participate in development and lead the execution of the Services
growth strategy for Egypt.
- Responsible for building strong long-term relationships with
specific customers within Egypt.
- Lead complete field resource management
- Support all operations and maintenance operational processes.
- Provide accurate and timely information to assigned personnel
regarding salary planning, performance appraisals, career coaching and disciplinary action as
- Lead efforts to ensure customer service excellence for assigned
- Lead service engineering to accomplish effective support of region customer
- Manage cost control, quality, and operations-oriented customer
- Implement Operation Safety Policy Instructions, conduct field work in
compliance with local EHS policies and applicable regulations and encourage good employee safety
- Participate and lead business Six Sigma process.
- Interface regularly with
commercial team to review the progress of country growth initiatives and participate in the
development of new service offerings.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in heavy equipment (locomotives, aircraft engines, gas turbines, etc.) maintenance roles.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in people leadership roles.
- Fluent in English language (writing, reading, speaking, listening).
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Experience in railroad industry.
- Experience in managing long-term service agreements.
- Business and finance acumen.
- MBA degree.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.